chapter 17 - opening feast

"Princess, we're here." Fred shook me awake.

I got up looking around to see everyone has already changed into their school robes feeling greatfull I already came wearing them.

"Did I miss anything?" I asked while rubbing my eyes.

"Mini Malfoy came to talk to you but we chased him away." George said petting my hair done.

I shrugged my shoulders wondering what my technically cousin wanted.

The train stopped and everyone got down and started walking to the carriages I gave a slight bow to the thestral's before entering a carriage with Fred, George, Luna and Neville.

"Have you heard of the triwizard tournament?" Neville asked after we all sat down.

"I have and I want nothing to do with it." I said.

"I have heard too." Luna said.

"Charlie told us about it, said he can't give specifics but.." Fred started.

"there will definitely be dragons." George completed.

"Did you know Godric Gryffindor had a dragon?" I asked thinking back to the journals I read from the founders vaults.

"There are stories that tell every founder had a powerful familiar companion. some say they are still here at Hogwarts protecting the students, some even say the basilic from second year was prove of that." Neville said.

"I think the basilic was just misunderstood." I said.

"You're the one who slayed it." George said.

"I did it before I knew better, I should've just gotten it out of Voldemort's control." I said gravely.

"Salazar Slytherin brought it here to kill muggle borns." Fred said.

"No, Salazar brought the Basilic here to protect mundane borns. the world was very unevolved at the time and so were mundane's, they used to believe that Children's magic came from the devil. that the children with magic were the bringer of evil and therefore they tried to kill their children out of believe that they were possessed. Salazar gave his familiar the mission of protecting them from mundane's who were not able to understand the true meaning of magic." I explained.

"That makes sense why else would the other three let him remain here if he meant harm to the children." Luna said happily.

"I wonder if the dragon is still around... if we find it," Fred said.

"Charlie will owe us for life." George finished.

The rest of the ride to Hogwarts was fun speculating where Godric Gryffindor might have hid his dragon.

We got to Hogwarts and I held Fred, George, Luna and Neville back so we could listen to the chaos Peeves was causing from outside without getting wet.

We got into the the great hall after everything quitted down, we walked Luna to the Ravenclaw table before the four of us walked to the Gryffindor's table and Fred and George sat me between them.

"Hiya Harriet!" Colin said excitedly sounding like he still isn't completely over his hero crush.

"Hi Colin." I greeted softly, even though I'll never date Colin ever and he can be a little bothersome sometimes he's still a sweet boy and when the whole chamber of secrets thing was happening he was still supporting me and trying to convince everyone I wasn't the perpetrator.

"Harriet guess what? Guess what Harriet? My brother's starting! My brother Dennis!" He said excitedly.

"That great Colin I hope it brings you guys closer." I told him.