Chapter 10: Bullet of Bullets

"Urgh...urgh!" Kana grunted, holding a heavy box, containing kitchen appliances, while standing inside of Klein's apartment.

"Hey, what did I tell you about the heavy boxes?" asked Klein, rushing over to his girlfriend's side, taking the heavy box from her.

"Urgh...urgh!" Klein grunted as Kana chuckled to herself, realizing Klein was barely any stronger than her.

Klein struggled to the kitchen with the heavy box as Kana began looking around his apartment. Since the two had talked about potentially giving their relationship another shot, she had been to his apartment a couple of times. Initially, she was surprised at how clean and orderly it was, despite her not living with him, anymore. This was the first thing that led Kana to believe that Klein really had changed since they separated. On top of that, when he talked about his job, he didn't complain about it and, overall, he just seemed to be in a much better place in his life. When she visited him in his apartment, it felt just like when they first started dating one another which was when she believed their relationship was at its best and most functional. About a week ago, she asked Klein what he thought about her maybe moving into his apartment with him and even offered to pay some of his rent for him. Klein told her that he would love that but was hesitant about letting her pay any of the rent.

That's so like him, Kana thought to herself, smiling. He never did like when I tried to pay for anything whether it be dinners, movies or video games...he always had to be the one to buy things. Such a gentleman...or as gentle as someone as clumsy as him can be.

"Jeez, what was in that box?" asked Klein, short of breath from carrying the box into the kitchen.

"Just some nice plates, silverware, a toaster—"

"We already have a toaster, though."

Klein turned to look at the toaster that he usually used and, immediately, realized why Kana wanted to use hers, instead.

"Y-Yeah, we'll just use yours and I'll toss out that piece of junk, a little later."

"Oh, plus, I brought my microwave from my apartment too," said Kana, excitedly, and Klein looked at her with same expression.

"R-Really, the fancy one?" asked Klein. "You didn't have to b-but—"

"You're glad I did?"

"Y-Yeah, my microwave is a little...er...basic, to say the least," admitted Klein, looking at the microwave that was in the same shape that the toaster was.

Kana sighed to herself and smiled.

"Look at the two of us," she said, causing Klein to turn his attention back to her. "I never thought...we would be able to be like this with each other, again. I'm really happy that everything between us seems to be resolving itself. Actually, lately, I've caught myself thinking about what the future has in store for us...marriage...a house...kids."

The last word was the only one that made Klein shiver a bit and Kana caught notice of this.

"Oh, don't act like you don't want kids because I know that's a lie," she claimed.

"I-It's not that," responded Klein, awkwardly. "I-I just don't think I would be that great of a father, to be honest. The thought of that kind of just scares me is all."

"Well, I think you would be a great dad," responded Kana, in contrast to what Klein was saying about himself. "I mean, look how well you get along with Kirito and Asuna and all of your other friends. I...might be speaking for them but, I believe they think of you as kind of a big brother, in a way."