Chapter 34: Asuna and Sinon Vs. Death Gun Pt. 2

Bam!

A sniper bullet flew through the air towards its intended target, an individual wearing a black cloak and before the bullet could make contact, the figure disappeared in an instant, much to Shino's dismay.

"Damn," she cursed under her breath. 

"That rifle of yours is impressive," spoke a voice that was now behind her which caused her to lock up while holding her Hecate sniper rifle.  "I bet you would be able to hit most targets...however, I'm not like most targets, am I?"

"Sinon!"

Before Death Gun, who was just revealed to be Johnny Black, a player from Laughing Coffin, could attack her friend, Asuna slashed her pink photon saber at him but, unfortunately, just like he always did, he disappeared in an instant.  Asuna and Shino had been fighting Johnny Black for about five minutes and the entire skirmish had gone exactly like this. Shino and Asuna would do their best to hit him, whether it be a melee strike from Asuna's photon saber or a bullet from Shino's Hecate but before either could hit, Johnny Black would disappear and then reappear, using his strange teleporting ability.  The same ability that Johnny Black had used to get the best of Asuna twice...the ability that she knew she would have to deal with, again. Johnny Black reappeared next to the player that was filming the entire fight, who had an amused look on his face, the entire time.

"You're just toying with us," accused Asuna, annoyed.  "You haven't even tried to attack us, once.  You just wait for one of us to attack you and then disappear before we can hit you.  You could have probably attacked us several times by now...maybe, even beaten us and, yet, you haven't.  Why is that?  Are you stalling for time?"

"Hahahahaha," Johnny Black laughed, menacingly.  "No, I just wanted everyone watching this fight of ours to see how truly powerless you and your friend are against me, Asuna.  Seeing the famous 'Lightning Flash' consistently missing her intended target, especially because of how she's known for her incredible speed, must be so surprising for spectators...for those...who actually believe in you...who look up to you.  I want you to know that when you lose to me, Asuna Yuuki, you'll be letting down every single one of those people that look up to you...not that it'll matter much since you'll be dead.  Perhaps, letting you live and have to face those, who respected you so much, after failing to defeat me, would have been a better way to make you suffer for wiping out my friends in Laughing Coffin.  Oh well, it's too late for that, now.  Besides, letting you live just doesn't sit right with me...everyone that you're responsible for killing in Laughing Coffin...they won't be able to rest easy until I take your life."

"I'm not going to lose to you, this time," Asuna responded, confidently. 

"Really, how can you be so sure?"

"Because, this time, she isn't alone," claimed Shino, making her way towards her friend. 

"Ha...hahahaha...hahahahahahahaha!"

Johnny Black's laughter, at this point, was unhinged, almost as if the thing that Shino had just said was the funniest thing he had heard in a long time.  Even the player, who was filming, seemed like he was on the verge of laughing as well.  Asuna couldn't begin to understand what was so damn funny in the eyes of those monsters but she figured it was hopeless, trying to make sense of what two psychopaths would find worthy of laughing at.  Her friend's comment only made her feel more determined to defeat Johnny Black, here and now.

"As fun as it's been fucking with you, Asuna Yuuki, I think it's about time I start fighting back," said Johnny Black as he performed the hand gesture to quick-select his other weapon.

The handgun disappeared from his right hand and was replaced with his red photon saber and as soon as it materialized in his right hand, he pressed the button on the side of it and a beam of red photon energy shot out of it. Then...he was gone.  Asuna gritted her teeth and spun around, quickly, shielding herself with her own pink photon saber and just like she had predicted, Johnny Black was behind her, slashing his own weapon at her.  The two photon sabers clashed into one another but, once again, Johnny Black disappeared. Without even thinking, Asuna spun around to block another strike from Johnny Black.  While this continued to happen, over and over again, Shino created some distance between the two while they were busy fighting.  Shino put the scope of her Hecate sniper rifle to her right eye and watched, closely, as Johnny Black kept teleporting, repeatedly.  She observed that Asuna was doing a pretty decent job predicting his attacks but she could only do so much without knowing exactly where he was going to teleport to so a few of Johnny Black's slashes did land, dealing damage to Asuna's HP.  It was frustrating for Shino because her target kept teleporting so quickly that she couldn't get the reticle of her scope lined up to shoot him.  She needed the bastard to hold still for a second so she could shoot him.  Her and Asuna needed a plan to take down Johnny Black and Shino wracked her brain for one while Asuna continued to keep Shino's target busy.