chapter 5: a chill Chap🦋

Narrator pov

It was now Friday after school. After a long day at school Cameron had suggested that the trio hang out. After going back and forth on a couple of ideas the crew decided to hang at Cameron's house and use his pool seeing as it's still warm outside. The crew took this hot day as an advantage seeing it would be one of the few warmer days they had left before temperatures would gradually decrease into the fall and winter seasons.

Y/n decided to actually pick Aj up early and bring him along. Arryn cam and aj were screwing around in the pool waiting on y/n to join in. Y/n/n was about to join them but her phone went off, causing the girl to grab it before sitting down on one of the lawn chairs and checking the notification.

"Y/n" the text read. This caused the older girl to frown as she had never seen this number before, and she doesn't like the fact that this possible stranger knows her first name.

"Tf? Who dis" y/n replied back as she was about to put her phone down but didn't get the chance to as her phone buzzed almost immediately after she sent the text.

"Its me chubs" the person sent back.

*chubs? I swear I heard that shit before* y/n thought taking a minute to try to remember where she heard the name

"Oh shit" y/n mumbled to herself Realizing who she was texting

"Yo ari wassup" y/n sent wondering why the Italian was texting her

"Nothing much" ariana responded

"Oh. U need sum?" Y/n sent back

"Damn chubs you must not like me" said ari

"Nah you good" y/n sent back being her awkward self not really knowing what to say as she never really texts anyone besides cam and arryn.

"Your weird but anyway I was wondering when we.could meet to start the music thingy" ari sent

In all honesty y/n had forgotten all about the project.

"Imma be honest I forgot about that shit but we could meet up later today or tmrw I ain't really trippin bout it" y/n responded before looking up as she had been splashed by aj

"Y/n/n come play" the little boy whined out

"Gimme a minute bug I'm doing sum" y/n replied eyes still glued to the screen.

"Cool we.could do tmrw at like 1?" Ari sent

"Fasho, that works" y/n sent

"Great" ari replied before sending another message

"Your place or...." ari sent

"Can we do your place? Ion really got nowhere we can work and record and shit" y/n sent knowing she was lying. There was plenty of rooms that they could use but she didn't want ari to ask the usual questions she gets when people are at her house for school related projects. most of the time people ask where her parents are, or when her grandfather is around they ask what's wrong with him and it irritated y/n because people were always so nosy.

"Yea we can do my place, I got a lil studio" ari replied

"Bet" y/n sent before putting her phone down and finally going to join her friends in the pool.

Y/n finally got in the pool adjusting herself in her shorts and swam over to her friends taking a glance at aj who was playing around with some pool toys.

"Damn took you long enough JJ" cam said while floating on his back

"Yea bitch don't think I didn't peep that lil smile you had when you was all up in that fucking phone" arryn spoke teasingly "who was you texting over there y/n/n? You got a lil girlfriend we don't know about?" She teased further