chapter 23 pt. 1: ive been waiting so long💙

Ariana's pov

I sigh while trying to catch my breath as pete flops down next to me, the sheets sticking to our naked bodies.

With a huff pete rolls over and grabs his phone leaving me to lay there with my thoughts.

I lay there in silence for like 5 minutes before I decided that I want to leave, I don't even know what made me get up this early in the morning to do this, it's barely 8:30 in the morning.

"Hey um, baby i- I'm gonna head out" I say to him as I sit up pulling the sheets up with me to cover my chest

Pete puts his phone down and looks at me with a frown on his face

"You sure? I was gonna put on a movie, maybe order some breakfast" he says Turning to completely face me

"Yea um, I just- I have alot to do today so I need to go" I responded as I get out of the bed to pick my clothes and phone up from the floor

"Ok, call me later or something, I wanna hang out with you today, like actually hang out, no sex" he said getting back on his phone

Shocker, for the past couple of days the only thing me and Pete do when we 'hangout' Is have sex

I nod my head in response as I slip on my shorts, cropped tank top, and my zip up hoodie, making sure I have everything. I put on my crocs, and make my way out of Pete's room, not before giving him one last kiss.

As I sneakily go through his garage door avoiding his parents room, I have this overwhelming feeling of anxiety come over me, and I don't quite know why. I just haven't been feeling like myself lately.

Getting into my car I check my phone to see a couple different notifications, some from Instagram, some from the group chat, and missed call from y/n.

Fuck, she knows I left again

As I pull out of Pete's driveway and get down the road I call y/n back, but she didn't answer.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

I just pulled up to y/ns house, turning my car off and stepping out of it I walk up to the front door and unlock it with the spare key that y/n provided me with the day I started to stay over here.

Quietly opening and shutting the front door I slip my crocs off and set them down next to y/ns slides. As I stand up and put my key down i hear paws padding on the tile floor of the entrance, toulouse comes running up to me, and I can just tell that he's about to bark, so I bend down and pet him desperately trying to keep him quiet.

Yesterday me and y/n were at my house, my mom wanted to see me since I haven't been home as much, and like always y/n and toulouse were glued to eachother, so I suggested that we bring him to y/ns house for a couple of days and y/n loved the idea.

Aj loves toulouse as well, he calls him 'goose', just like y/n does.

"Good boy, be quiet" I Whispered as I picked toulouse up and started my way upstairs to y/ns room.

Once I get into the hallway I set toulouse down leaving him to wander around, I pass ajs room and make my way to y/ns

I gush at the sight I'm met with, y/n sprawled out in her bed like a starfish, covers on the floor, she has one arm covering her eyes while her other hand rests on her abs. And her curls are a mess.

I smile and take a picture, just cause.

Setting my phone down on the TV stand I carefully and slowly get into the bed trying not to wake her up, i then hover over her, sitting on her lap, my hands on her lower stomach. For a minute I just admire her cute sleepy self. Messing with her fingers and trailing my eyes along the many small tattoos that cover them.