chapter 28 pt.2: still not a love story 🤍

Continued from where we left off in pt.1....

Arryns pov

Opening the chest that I had brought out here with me, I grab the first thing that I see.

"You remember this? From When you knocked your tooth out from doing a backflip off the slide" I said holding up one of those little boxes they used to give us in elementary school when you lost a tooth.

(One of these mfs^)

"oh yea! And then I walked around with a gap in my teeth for like a year" the boy said giggling, taking the small box from my hand, I just looked at him with a sad smile, my emotions already starting to kick in.

This is gonna be hard.

"What about this, you remember this one?" I ask, pulling out something dear to me, so dear that it made me slightly tear up when I pulled it out. It was the promise ring Cameron gave to me a long time ago, a little after we first started dating. It was nothing flashy, just a simple silver band with a puzzle piece on it, I remember when he gave it to me, he said some corny shit like "you are the missing piece to my puzzle".

 It was nothing flashy, just a simple silver band with a puzzle piece on it, I remember when he gave it to me, he said some corny shit like "you are the missing piece to my puzzle"

For a second he was silent as I held the ring. Then he took it from me. And smiled, I could tell he was slightly emotional as well.

"The promise ring....when I gave it to you, I said 'you are the missing piece to my puzzle',, God I was so fucking corny back then" he said wtlith a small chuckle. And I smiled. But my smile was replaced with a half frown.

"these are our memories correct?" I asked slowly, nibbling on my lip afterwards.

He gave me a look, a look that used to have me caving in seconds, but this time I didn't cave. I could tell that he knew something was wrong, and that whatever was about to happen between us, wouldn't necessarily be good, so while he was fiddling with the ring, he spoke, responding to my question.

"yea.... b-but why are you showing me this? Bringing up all these memories? What's this about? Like not to be rude, but texting me at 10 AM and telling me to come here out of nowhere, was...weird. arryn- w- are you ok? Are we ok?" He asked full of concern, he tried to reach over and hold my hand but I moved it away from me.