chapter 8: lucky number 3 💫

(Skip to Wednesday after school)

Y/n pov

Flash back

Tuesday

I was in the library looking for a response to my last sticky note, and I found it.

To: blue

That's not true. Everyone has a purpose in life, Everyone is destined for something. My purpose? I don't know either but I do know that I have one. You just gotta do a little soul searching blue.
-red

As usual I read the note and took some time to think before responding. I've been having this weird gut feeling lately and it's put me in a bad mood, everybody's noticed it, especially ariana and madison. Speaking of, I gotta introduce madison to ari. But thats besides the point. I write down my response before leaving the library.

To: red

I understand that I might just have to do a little digging, but Sometimes I wonder what the point of living this shifty ass life is, and honestly sometimes I'd rather not live at all. -blue

Time skip to earlier at school Wednesday

I was now back in the library once again looking for a response to my note. I still can't shake this feeling, and it's put me into a really bad mood. I don't know whats gonna happen but I do know something finna pop off and I don't like having this weight on my shoulders. On the bright side I introduced madison to all my friends and ariana's friends, everyone seems to like her, so I'm glad we get to add a new addition to the group. I finally reach the shelf and look for the response. As usual I read it before responding.

To: blue

Yikes, rather not live at all huh? Why's that? -red

I knew what I wanted to say, but it's pretty blunt. So I tried to figure out a watered down version of it but I couldn't come up with one, so I figured fuck it. We're being truthful here so imma just say what I'm thinking.

To: red

What greater punishment is there than life, when you know your about to lose everything worth living for? -blue

I don't necessarily know what made me write that, but it's what I was feeling at the moment. My gut kept telling something was gonna happen, that something is wrong but I can't fucking figure out what it is and if I'm being honest it's pissing me off.

Flashback over

Right now I'm just chillin at home with pop's, it's been a hot minute since we just hung out like we used to do. Before he got sick me, aj, and pop's used to hang out every chance we got, but as me and aj started growing up we all started to hang out less and less. I think it's my fault we've sorta drifted, and I can't let us drift any further 1 because that wouldn't be fair to pop's seeing as he's raised us damn near our whole lives, and 2 because he's sick and I don't know how long he's got left. And as much as I hate to say it, it's the truth.