Chapter 2

"Paimon managed to find Sara quite quickly! She was the first person I stumbled to so I brought her here to help!"

"What exactly is going on that was so urgent you had to drag me here?"

"Hey! You're the one who followed me!" Paimon stomped in the air angrily.

"Yes, after you said that the Traveler needed help. But he seems just fine." Sara looked down at Aether, she noticed his head moving from side to side, he had a very dull and expressionless face. "Maybe he looks a bit different but that's all..." She mumbled after realizing how odd he seems to be acting.

"Alright. Explain to me what's going on. Otherwise, I'll go back to my duties that you have interrupted." She eyed Paimon with a glare, showing that she was quite displeased if she was messing with her.

"Aether ran out of energy and it'll take him years to fully recover, leaving him to become lazy!"

"It's not lazy... it's known as being listless." Aether pointed out with a raised finger before slowly moving his arm back down.

"Listless?" Paimon looked confused. "Is that a fancy word for being lazy?"

"Not entirely." Sara said. "By definition, it means of a person or their manner lacking energy or even enthusiasm." She stared at the traveler.

"Ohhh... then I guess that's what's happening with Aether then. It's because of all the strain and exhaustion his body has taken that he now lacks the energy to be back to normal." Paimon said.

"Actually... this is how I always am." Aether pointed out again with a raised finger.

"... Huh? Eh?" Paimon blinked at Aether's sudden confession.

"I've always been like this since I was born... what you normally see... is when I use up my energy instead of keeping it stored like always."

"Wait... so you choose to be like this even when you do have energy sometimes?!" Paimon yelled at Aether with disbelief. She saw as he simply nodded his head and gazed at the sky blankly again. "I can't believe you! That's not a good lifestyle to live!"

"Why not? Lumine said it was fine, she said that so long as she's there to take care of me and dot me, I can live like this. She says all I need in life is her, just like all she needs in her life, is me."

"Your sister spoiled you to the core! And also completely delusional!" Paimon said with awe. How can someone... approve of this?!

-~-

CRACK

Lumine cracked the arm of the throne. She gripped it tightly as her eye twitched.

Someone is insulting me and my brother!

-~-

"What happened then? What caused you to lose all your energy then?" Sara asked.

"..." Aether remained quiet.

"Aether hasn't been taking proper rest! He's been willingly throwing away rest so long as he can help people out. And now he lost all his energy because he refuses to say no or he gets easily defeated on saying no to people and helping them!"

"So this was caused by burnout..." Sara folded her arms together and stared at Aether. "Can you get up?"

"No... too tired. Wastes a lot of energy to move my legs." Aether mumbled.

GRUMBLE

"Hungry..." She heard Aether lowly mumble while shaking. Clutching his stomach weakly.