Chapter 4

"This place has gotten better... Why are we here?" Aether looked around in confusion at his location. One moment he fell asleep on Ei's lap, the next he awoke up in her Plane of Euthymia. "Paimon. Why are we here?"

"Allow Ei to explain instead! Seriously! Just ask the source of the actual problem!" Paimon stomped in the air.

"Fair enough. Ei, why are we here?" Aether looked at Ei who stopped meditating. She landed on the ground and opened her eyes.

"Apologies. I figured that during your moments of rest. You wouldn't wish to be disturbed." Ei looked on at the world around them. And to Aether's word, it's indeed true. The world is much better than before. It's more bright and more vivid. Not to the point where it's completely changed. "So I decided that if you ever need a place to be at peace, then my consciousness is free of use."

"Huh... that's pretty generous of you. Thank you." Aether put a hand to his chest and smiled before he laid down on the ground again. "Staying here in a place like this... isn't so bad."

"..." Ei smiled at his words, she smiled a bit too much.

"Don't even think of staying here forever!" Paimon told Aether. "This place is too isolated to live in! We still have other places to go to Aether!"

"Is it bad to stay in a place like this?" Ei asked with a raised brow. "I've remained in isolation for many years. If he stays here for Eternity with me, then he won't be in isolation. I'll be here. You can stay here with me for Eternity, Traveler."

"Eternity?" Aether blinked at the thought of staying at a place like this forever. "As much as I like the idea of staying here and doing nothing... I sadly must decline." He said.

"A shame..." Ei crossed her arms but smiled regardless. "I was simply joking about having you stay here in Eternity. Maybe..."

"Eh... Paimon didn't catch that last part. Also phew, I was for sure thinking you were being serious." Paimon wiped her forehead with her hand and laughed.

"Who said I wasn't serious?"

"Eh? Did you say something?"

"Nothing of importance. I was just quietly rambling in my thoughts." Ei hummed as she closed her eyes. Everywhere around them warped around, and the next thing they knew, they were back in the Tenryou Commission Headquarters.

"Phew... finally back." Paimon said with relief.

"How long was I out for?" Aether asked.

"Oh... you know... for a few hours!"

"Correction. It has been three hours." Ei stated.

"Eh?! But it felt like a long timeeeee!" Paimon yelled at Ei.

"That was only because you were impatient and wanted to leave." Ei smiled at Paimon's antics. "Of course, I was planning on leaving you out of my consciousness. But I realized that the Traveler would perhaps be sad at the fact you're not with him."

"Well... that's very considerate of you I suppose." Paimon scratched her head and huffed. "So if Paimon wasn't close with Aether..."

"Oh yes, I would have left you behind." Ei simply smiled.

"Sometimes I forget how scary she can be..." Paimon hid behind Aether as she clung around his back.

"She is the Electro Archon for a reason. Also was a dictator."

"I don't know how to feel about that comment..." Ei said.

-~-

"What is going on men?" Sara looked around the place with annoyance as she noticed all of the guards outside of the Tenryou Commission Headquarters. "Why aren't you all training and working?"