Chapter 3

"Okay Aether, now open wide."

Aether felt a slice of meat put into his mouth. He munched on it as Paimon sighed at her partner. Seriously, he can't even eat by himself. Instead, he needs someone else to do it for him.

"How is it, buddy?" She asked.

"Good. Pretty good."

"Talk after you're done munching. You don't wanna choke now do you?"

"Mm-hmm..."

Currently, Aether and Paimon are in the Tenryou Commission Headquarters. A table was set out for the two of them. Paimon ate at her own pace all the while feeding him.

"Once I'm back to full energy... I'll... make you uh..." Aether tried to think as he closed his eyes. He opened his mouth as he got fed. "I don't know what I'll make you." He hummed.

"Eh... so long as Paimon is stuffed then that's really all that matters." She said with glee.

Sara looked at the two as they ate with a silent stare, she had her arms crossed while staying close to the two. "So what will you do now?" She stared at Aether who didn't bat an eye at her.

"I don't know. I was planning to go back to Liyue... Mondstadt too while I'm at it." Aether hummed, opening his mouth again as another piece of meat entered him. "It's been a while since I've seen everyone else. I wonder how they're doing."

"Do you think you'll be safe?" She asked.

"Mm... I should be." Aether smiled as he stared at Sara. "I may be listless in my current situation, but my strength is no joke." He yawned.

"... I seem to have my doubts..." Sara mumbled as she saw Aether melt back into his spot, he slouched once again as he rests his chin on the table, his eyes closed as Paimon served him once again.

"Sara?"

"Shogun-Sama?" Sara fixed her posture and stood straight. She looked at the entrance where she saw Ei standing there. "What... what can I help you with today your elegance?" She was quick to bow and show her respect.

"Huh? So the rumors of the Traveler being here were true." Ei mumbled, she walked up to the three and then stared at Sara. "Is there a reason word has been going around that you've arrested the Traveler? Word spread that you had him slouched over while he was out cold." She then stared at Aether who ever since she's arrived, has been getting fed by his traveling companion, all the while harboring a sleeping gaze.

"Arrested?" Paimon shirked. "No! No! No! You've got it wrong, she didn't arrest Aether. She helped him instead." She tried her best to explain the situation about the misinformation about Aether being arrested.

"I'm sorry... helped him?" Ei stared on confused.

"Sigh Paimon has to explain again..." Paimon whined.

"There there..." Aether noticing his companion's dread reached his hand out slowly and began rubbing her head. A smile formed on his face. "Your hair is soft, Paimon."

"What do you think you're doing to Paimon?!"

-~-

"And that's the gist of it." Paimon let out a tired exhale, she floated over to Aether who was relaxing. "Geez, this is more tiring than I thought."

"Sorry for the trouble." Aether mumbled.

"It's fine. Paimon always troubles you anyway."

"So this is the Traveler's true nature..."

"Shogun-Sama?"

"You'll be like this for years?" Ei asked.

"Uh-huh." Aether simply nodded.