Chapter 9

"... Well then, this sure is a view." Kamisato Ayato walked into a scene he'd never dreamed of viewing once arriving back home. "Dear sister, what is going on here?" He looked at Ayaka who had Aether resting his head on her lap while he sleeps peacefully.

"Dear brother you're here!" Ayaka said with a smile as she waved at him. She then turned her attention back to Aether as she softly patted him on the head. "There's something that you should know about the Traveler."

"...!" Ayato froze at Ayaka's words as his eyes widened.

Of course! It all makes sense... The position the two are in... My sister's treatment of the Traveler. The Traveler sleeping on her lap... You did it, didn't you Ayaka?

Ayato smiled brightly.

The Kamisato bloodline shall continue—

"The Traveler has regressed to a listless state. He has a lack of energy and isn't able to move around freely without tiring out easily."

... Eh?

-~-

"So... You're not together?" Ayato quietly asked after Paimon, who in annoyance at having to explain multiple times now, spoke of Aether's condition.

"E-EH?! T-TOGETHER?!" Ayaka quickly fanned herself with her fan as she became a blushing storm causing her brother to chuckle.

"Come now, it's well known that you like... No... Like is putting it lightly... Lov—"

"PLEASE STOP TALKING!" Ayaka yelled.

"What are we talking about?" Aether got his head off of Ayaka's lap as he was woken up by her yells. He blinked slowly as he noticed he was sleeping on her lap. Then he noticed that he was inside the Kamisato estate, following Ayato and Paimon who looked at him. "Ayato. It's been a while."

"Bonjour."

"Huh?"

"I said greetings!" Ayato said with a smile. "Is your hearing right?"

"What do you mean? You spoke French for a second didn't you?"

"French?" Ayaka, Paimon, and Ayato asked at the same time.

"What is this... 'French'?" Paimon asked. "It sounds yummy."

"We don't associate or speak about the French." Aether frowned. "Also sorry for falling asleep out of nowhere. I didn't mean to cause trouble." He turned to Ayaka and said.

"N-Not at all! You had me scared at first... But Paimon explained to me about your condition~" Ayaka said with a smile, tints of pink still on her cheeks from Ayato's earlier statement.

"I take it you were told as well?" Aether looked over at the other man in this household.

"Correct." Ayato replied with a nod. "Now then. Paimon also explained your reasoning for arriving here."

"Yeah." Aether nodded toward the two siblings. "After saying goodbye to everyone, I'll be off."

"We're not gonna be gone forever of course!" Paimon bumped into the conversation.

"You are not the type to simply leave forever." Ayato said with a smile. "From the time we've spent and got to know you. You're not the type to leave without a goodbye."

"And even then, you always return to Inazuma once in a while and stay here as well." Ayaka pointed out. "You always make sure to check up on everyone."

"How considerate of a person you are..."

"Huh?" Aether looked over at his shoulder where the plush remained, continuing to defy physics and reality as he heard the Unknown God's voice.

"Speaking of which... Just what is that thing on your shoulder?" Ayato asked with interest.