Chapter 6

"A warm bath is always nice after such long days."

"Of doing nothing I presume?" Ei bluntly said as she stared at Miko who was enjoying herself in the hot spring.

"Surprising of you to drop by out of nowhere, Ei." Miko turned her head to the side. "Now what brings you here— Oh my..." She looked on at the scene in front of her as she saw Ei carrying Aether, bridal style, while Paimon is also there.

"It's Miko." Aether said.

"Don't look!" Paimon was quick to place her hands in front of Aether's eyes to block his view.

"Hmm~" Miko looked at Ei with curiosity. "Now this is a sight you don't always see. The Raiden Shogun holding the Traveler." She looked with a smug look.

"Why'd you block my sight for?" Aether asked.

"What do you mean why?! She's naked! I'm protecting your eyes!" Paimon said.

"Come now, I'm wearing a towel." Miko said with a chuckle. "The Traveler is free to look if he so desires~" She cupped her breast from under her crossed arms to tease, a sultry smile as she hoped the Traveler would move Paimon's hands away from his eyes.

(A/N: As you can see... I am a huge simp... No further questions asked.)

"Zzz..." She was met with a snore as Aether already fell asleep. Paimon removed her hands as she smiled.

"Hmph! I learned that just depriving him of light in his point of view causes him to slowly doze off and fall asleep." Paimon smiled proudly as she put her hands on her hips.

"..." Miko looked at Aether. Then she looked at Ei. "Explain."

-~-

"Hmm~ My, what an interesting piece of information." Miko looked over at Aether as he lays by the grass around the shrine area sleeping soundly. One of the shrine workers stared down at Aether beneath her and giggled at his sleeping figure. She looked over and had her arms crossed as Ei and Paimon explained to her everything. "How adorable, to think that I'd be the first one that he wished to see off~" She closed her eyes and chuckled.

"Hey! Don't get any ideas! Aether just thought it'd be best to get you out of the way!" Paimon glared at Miko who remained smiling. Her eyes opened as her stare trailed off towards the sleeping Traveler. Her eyes glint as an idea came to her mind. "Given the Traveler is resting at the given moment, how about the two of you return later to take him back?" She suggested.

"I can't do that! Paimon is his guide!" Paimon shook her head repeatedly.

"Come now, being separated for a while won't hurt anyone now would it?" Miko hummed. "Perhaps... he will feel happy if you were to bring him a gift?"

"A gift?" Paimon and Ei both asked at the same time.

Miko nodded at the two. Her intentions were hidden with a plastered smile as she looked at the two. "If he were to learn that the two of you went out of your way to gift him something, that will surely make him feel happy and overall praise you with his current state. WHO wouldn't wish to see the Traveler be happy? Gifts always spark joy."

"..." Ei went quiet at the suggestion that caused Miko to continue smiling. She saw as Ei pondered for a bit, and Paimon seems to be taking the consideration that she gave the two.

Perfect... All according to plan—

"I don't think that will be necessary."

"?" Miko stared at Ei, her playful gaze slowly dropping into a slight glare that was left unnoticed by Paimon. Ei stared at her with a glare of suspicion that caused her to curse. This is harder than she thought.