Chapter 12

"Until we meet again Traveler~! I hope you enjoyed your stay last night." Ayato told Aether.

"It was quite nice. I even slept well." Aether nodded, naive to the meaning behind Ayato's words.

"We'll miss everyone here! When we come back, have food out for us!" Paimon being the glutton she is, said so with a greedy smile.

"I'll make sure that a feast is held in your place~!" Ayato said with a chuckle.

"You heard that Aether?! A feast!" Paimon's mouth turned watery at the thought.

"Yes. Yes. I heard..."

"Now then you two, let's be on our way." Thoma called out.

"Wait!" Ayaka said which caused everyone to look at her. She walked over to Aether and stood in front of him.

"Ayaka. It seems like you finally woke up." Aether looked at her and smiled.

"You were about to leave without saying goodbye."

"I figured I should have just let you sleep." Aether replied while rubbing his eye with a tired expression.

"Haha. That must have been her senses that woke her up. She must have sensed you were leaving~!"

"Now's not the time for that brother." Ayaka looked at Ayato with a cold look causing the older of the two to smile warily. It seems like she figured out his little scheme. "Take care..." She looked over at Aether with wary. Truly, if she can make him stay, she would.

"I will..." Aether nodded again.

"One last thing."

"What is it—"

"Hoho~ A BOLD MOVE IF I SAY SO!!" Ayato waved a fan around in his face frantically as Ayaka had cut Aether off by kissing him not on the cheek, but right on the lips.

Ms. Kamisato is so bold!

Thoma had his usual smile on his face yet on the inside he was screaming at how straightforward she had become.

"E-EHHH?!" Paimon screeched with shock.

"I will be waiting for your return~" Ayaka smiled as the two of them were now separated as she waved her fan around in her face. "I will personally dance for you just like in the past as well." Her fanning increased in speed as she said those words. She's not fanning to tease, but to hide her blushing and trembling face.

Aether blinked as his face remained flustered. Yet regardless, he couldn't help but smile at Ayaka. "I'll look forward to it. Thank you, Ayaka."

With their farewells being said, Ayato and Ayaka watched as Thoma carried Aether away. He was slouched over Thoma's shoulder and staring at the ground with Paimon annoying him by wanting to know how and what just happened. Said thing being about what Ayaka did and how come, Aether, didn't react much about it.

Ayaka waved on but noticed the plush that remained on top of the back of Aether's head staring at her and her brother. For an odd reason, she felt like the plush was staring at her with an ominous and deadly gaze which caused her to nervously look on.

"So~ I anticipate having nieces and nephews in these next few years~" Ayato said as he drank his boba with a sparkling expression as his eyes remained closed.

SLASH

SPLAT

"..." Ayato went quiet as he continued having his eyes closed. His cup was slashed in half as his drink lays on the floor like a puddle. His smile remained in place but he was frozen to the core. He was nervous and could not move at all.

"Now when Thoma gets back... He'll be punished alongside you. Understand, brother?"

"Y-Yes dear s-sister..."

Perhaps I went too far...

...

Nah.

-~-

"Here we are at Hanamizaka, Inazuma City!"

"Yay..." Aether found himself in the familiar city where he may or may not have been a fugitive of sorts at the beginning. "Thanks for the help, Thoma"

"Thanks, Thoma!"

"Don't sweat it you two!" Thoma smirked while looking at the firework shop that was not far ahead of them. He then looked back towards Paimon and Aether. "Farewell, my friends. Until we meet again! Hopefully, it's soon. You don't wish to keep Ms. Kamisato waiting now do you?"

"What about Ayato?" Aether asked.

"What about him? This is about Ms. Kamisato. Not him."

"Oof..." Paimon said.

"Not oof." P.U.G. (Plushie Unknown God) said.

".......... Huh?" Paimon's neck turned quickly to the plush on Aether's shoulder as the sound of her neck cracking was heard.

"..."

"Well... SO LONG!" Thoma waved Aether and Paimon goodbye as he began walking away.

"Bye.../See ya, Thoma!" Two different responses were heard as Aether and Paimon waved farewell to their friend who they will meet once again in the future. For now, it is goodbye. Until they meet again...

"Well, then Aether! Are you ready to meet Yoimiya?"

"I've been born ready."

"Then off we go. Come on, we don't want her to wait any more than she already has."

"Coming." Aether followed after Paimon slowly as he slouched slightly. The sun is quite bright today. Mostly because the clouds have parted in the sky leaving nothing much to block the light out. He yawned as he gently patted the P.U.G. on his shoulder.

"Naganohara Fireworks. It's been a while since we've been here." Paimon looked over at Aether who nods at her words as she knocked on the door.

"Hold on a second!" A feminine voice from inside the shop said as the two companions waited.

"What do you think she's doing?" Paimon asked.

"Stocking up fireworks?" Aether said in question.

"Sorry for the wait—" Yoimiya found herself pausing as she saw who stood at the doorway. "Aether! Paimon! And a stuffed plushie which I'm not gonna bother asking why you have one on your shoulder!"

"This world makes me want to murder people..." P.U.G. growled.

"..... Huh?" Paimon stared at the plush once again as she then rubbed her eyes and proceeded to stare with shock.

IS NOBODY HEARING THIS?!

"Yoimiya. It's been a while."

"So it has Aether. So it has." Yoimiya nodded with a smirk.

"Paimon."

"H-Huh?" Paimon snapped out of her shock as she heard Aether call her name. She then saw him nod as he looked over at Yoimiya and then back to her. She realized what he meant. "Oh right... It's been a while Yoimiya! So glad to see you!"

"Haha! So glad to see you two little floating friend!"

"HEY!"

-~-

Another chapter has been completed! The banners for the next update have been announced as well! Primos are dry and burnout is strong!

Seriously... I haven't been playing much due to burnout of sorts. I also did a few pulls to see if I can pull for C1 Raiden Shogun but failed. On another note, my quest have piled up too but I'm too lazy to start them. Oh well.

Thank you all for reading once again. That will be all for now. Thank you for your support once again.

I might go for C2 Yelan... Simping reasons of course. I have guaranteed pity regardless. Maybe. Just maybe I'll pull.

Bye.

Word Count: 1,175