Chapter 10

"Mr. Kamisato! Ms. Kamisato! What's happening—"

"And then with a pinch of salt, boom. Easy homemade Teyvat eggs."

"Teyvat eggs again? Why can't you make something else Aether?"

"I would... But that'd waste too much energy."

"For a simple meal, these eggs are surprisingly quite good."

"You're quite the cook aren't you? Truly, you make the perfect material for my dear sister."

"B-Brother!!"

"Ah! Thoma! We didn't see you there!"

Everyone turned to the door and they saw Thoma standing there looking at them. He blinked at the group.

"Um... You called?" Thoma chuckled awkwardly as he saw their gazes. He scratched his head with confusion. He came as soon as he received the news that it was urgent and that he was requested to arrive at the Kamisato Estate quickly.

"Thoma." Aether said as he tried to sound enthusiastic, but failed as his voice slurred. He yawned as tears formed around his eyes and scratched his head. He softly petted the plush on his shoulder before going back to eating his Teyvat eggs.

"Paimon's not explaining again." Paimon said when noticing Thoma's confused expression.

"I will do it." Ayato said with a smile.

-~-

"You know, looking at the state that you're in. I can't help but feel some pity. Such a shame."

He walked around in circles, his footsteps echoing throughout the room. He hummed as he looked out the window as the light illuminates the darkness.

"The Traveler has gotten stronger you know? I can't wait until we meet again. Have you heard of his deeds after saving the nation of Inazuma from the vision hunt decree? What about his deeds during Sumeru? I tell you, he is just full of surprises! Haha! Makes you wonder just what is the potential power he holds within."

...

"Our talks are nice. This would have been nicer if you were alive still... Signora." Tartaglia looked on at the coffin with a cheerful smile. "Who am I kidding? I don't think speaking to you face to face would be pleasurable either way." He shrugged and closed his eyes.

"I am rooting for the Traveler to continue with what he's doing. If he's getting stronger with his journey, then I hope everything goes swell! But things aren't looking good on our end I suppose if he's continuing to interfere with the Fatui's work..."

"Praising the enemy?"

"If it isn't the beast herself." He didn't bother to turn around as he remained smiling. "I sense that you aren't the only one present here."

"A fool can easily tell that I wasn't the only one who arrived."

"Now, now the two of you. It's quite disrespectful to speak right where the dead lays."

"The dead? I beg your pardon. The dead doesn't even lay in that coffin. It's empty."

"The remains may not be inside, but it is still a way of honoring ones whose remains couldn't be found."

"Or don't exist no more." He turned around and stopped facing the coffin. He looked at the three. "To think that my comrade would be able to keep messing with our plans. It's amazing, isn't it? I mean, look at what happened to Scaramouche."

"What about him?" Sandrone asked as she looked Tartaglia in the eyes.

"It's just funny! Our little group has lost two of its members now. Just how long until the next one is gone I wonder?" Tartaglia asked with a hum.