Chapter 14

*Nom*

After taking a nap. He realized that nobody was around the house. He would've remained sleeping but he was hungry. He left the house and saw that the festival looked to have started already.

*Nom*

Aether munched on the Tricolor Dango which he bought. It's almost nighttime and the sky has become an orangish color. His listless lifestyle, how much he has missed it.

Eating, sleeping, being taken care of. His life is but a glorious heaven.

Such a shame that Nimbus was already taken... He munched on the dango with his eyes closed as he recalled another world that he and his sister traveled to. It was a magical yellow cloud serving as an act of transportation at quick speeds. Only those pure of heart can use the cloud known as Nimbus. However, much to his sadness, Nimbus already belonged to the Son family. Life would be much easier with that magical cloud as he was proven to have a pure heart. He found it surprising that his sister wasn't pure of heart apparently. He always wondered why. And he still does.

Little does he know why she isn't pure of heart...

"More please."

"Take it easy, Traveler."

He ignored the shopkeeper's concern as he had Mora in his hand while looking at the man with star eyes. He held ten empty sticks on his other hand which showed how many he had eaten.

"H-here you go..." The shopkeeper muttered as he handed the traveler another tricolor dango.

"May the grace of the gods be with you." Aether praised the shopkeeper as he accepted the dango and paid for it.

*Nom*

He closed his eyes with luxury. This is how life should be.

"There you are!"

A high-pitched voice which he has grown accustomed to came from behind him. Still munching on his delicious dango, he turned around and saw Paimon and Yoimiya heading in his direction. Paimon flew at him with speed as if she were running and Yoimiya took her time as she followed from behind.

"We've been looking for you!" Paimon told him with a pout. "Seriously! You're quite unpredictable."

"Sorry. I woke up hungry."

*Nom*

"Another one." He held out his Mora and received another dango.

"How many have you eaten?!" Paimon counted the sticks on his hand with her fingers. "One, two, three...you ate ten already?"

"They're delicious." Aether nodded at his companion. "You should both try one." He offered.

"I'm good. I don't think I'll be able to eat as many as you are without getting tired of the flavor." Yoimiya smiled with concern. "Sorry if he's been bothering you. We'll be taking him now!" With an apologetic look toward the shopkeeper, she dragged Aether away with Paimon following after.

"Now that we found him. We can look through the festival together." Paimon said.

*Nom*

Aether's response was to munch on his dango while looking at the two. "What will we do first?" He spoke after a while.

"Well for starters, let's see what this place has to offer." Yoimiya grinned. "There's many things to do. Any suggestions?" She looked at the two with a bright smile.

Aether raised his hand. "Let us try all the food the festival has to offer."

"You've become a glutton." Paimon slumped as she judged her friend.