13

"So you're telling me that they kicked you off because you're too.. good?"

Nodding your head you blew out a puff again.

"That's exactly right. When you're younger you think being the best will solve everything when in reality it makes things worse" You handed the blunt back to the guy.

Should you take drugs from strangers?

No.

But should you take drugs when the school you chose to get in was becoming a nightmare to deal with?

Of fucking course.

He took his own hit listening to your words.

"My parents thought this would be good for me, you know? Control my powers and stuff?"

He chuckled, bits of smoke emitting from his lips.

"Isn't power supposed to come with great responsibility?"

"It is. I just haven't gotten the responsibility part yet"

He put the blunt down onto the back of his car. His eyes were red and haven't left the arena screen in ages.

"Maybe this place isn't what you're looking for. I mean all you've done is complain"

"That's not true! I've met some really nice people!"

"The kind of people that won't let you in their group?"

Right.

"I know him. Mido- he was probably just overthinking things. He probably knows that he could've used me on his team by now"

"What does your friend look like exactly? You started with Mido? Cheeto? I don't remember which one"

"His name is Midoryia. Midoryia Izuku"

He pointed his finger up to the screen.

"I think Cheeto is doing just fine on his own"

Following his gaze you could find Midoryia' team in fourth place, just making the cut.

"Looks like he did it without me" You mumbled under your breath. Seeing your classmates gaining praise and moving onto the next part of the competition without you was pretty shitty. The feeling was quickly overcome by guilt.

About how you should be happy for them all. Your eyes moved down to the asphalt against your feet. A pair of black boots took up most of your vision.

"Can you please move? I'm trying melt into the asphalt.. Maybe Midnight will step on me then" You found yourself looking up. Your eyes found his golden ones. He flapped his wings just a bit with a sly smirk on his face.

"I know they said I should get my eyes on you immediately, but I thought I could get a soda before you start pounding coke or smoking pot" he tried to joke but it didn't seem funny to you.

He watched as the guy next to you smoked without a care for his presence. "Do you even know this guy's name?"

"Yeah!.. it's.. uh.."

"Kiyoshi"

"Kiyoshi! Just slipped my mind, you know?"

Hawks raised his eyebrows at you. As time went by your eyes had gotten just a bit red. Not as intense as Kiyomi's though. Hawks put his hands in his pockets with a sigh.

"You're gonna hate me for this, but you have to stay within my line of sight. And I'm sure as hell not staying next to the drugs"

You crossed your arms against your chest. It might've been the drugs flowing through your veins but you didn't back down.

"I'm not going anywhere with you. Hero or not. You people let me out of the competition, so I'm out. Minding my own damn business"

He didn't give off an intimidating aura. Although his position didn't change at your words.

"That's fine with me. Instead I'll just arrest your friend here for illegal possession of drugs then have you drug tested and arrested too"

This made Kiyoshi start choking on his inhale. You stood your ground despite the choking noises in the background. Arresting you wouldn't do anything. You could break out whenever you wanted too, but kiyoshi?

"You need me to countdown from ten?"

Throwing your head back you let out your most dramatic groan. Kiyoshi let out a sigh when he caught his breath. He put out his blunt while opening the car door.

"Maybe I'll see you around y/n. Remember what I said, cause I sure as hell can't"

You watched as he pulled out the parking space. He maneuvered around a multitude of people just to get out.

"I definitely should've arrested him"

You had been making your way into the crowd already trying to lose Hawks. Sadly for your case he wasn't like Aizawa or brittle bones All Might. Spreading his wings he flew right above you. Everywhere you turned eyes were drawn to you. Likely from the sports festival or your persistent bodyguard.

After all of these people breathing down your throat you should've been used to it by now.

But you weren't.

Maybe this is what having a God feels like. Constantly watching and judging your every move.

Finally you stopped to stare up at him.

"I'm getting tired of this"

He flew down next to you, hands in his pockets.

"Me too. Why don't we watch your friends? I know a great spot"

"Doesn't look like I have a choice"

"Damn right" he asked for permission before grabbing your shoulders. You could fell yourself lift quickly into the air above the bustle of the festival. He flew you right on top of the booth Aizawa and Mic were hosting in. You were placed gently down before get sat next to you.

Katsuki and Uraraka were currently the two in the arena. From this point of view you could see Uraraka's plan panning out. A smile etched your lips.

"She's a smart girl. These people shouldn't be underestimating her. She's obviously on the hero course for a reason"

"Is that why people underestimate you? Because you're a girl?" You rolled your eyes at his assumption.

"It doesn't matter what fucking gender I am. When your young and you have power people are never going to trust you with it. They'll always be watching and listening because one day they think you're gonna go ape shit"

He nodded his head watching Uraraka drop the rocks on him.

Even from a distance you could make out the chaste look of shock on Katsuki's face.

That's my girl.

"I know what it feels like to be this dumb misfit kid. Isolated from the world"

Both of you didn't dare to face the other.

"So you've been humiliated in front of your classmates by wearing a strange suit? How about being escorted off of a school field on live television. As if the rumors weren't wild enough"

The sounds of explosions filled your silence.

"I get what you're trying to do, really. But we're not the same. We never will be"

"CONGRATULATIONS TO KATSUKI BAKUGOU. THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND!"