34

A few seconds could feel like forever when you have to do something that you really, really don't want to do. Feet dragging along the sidewalk as you thought out the many possibilities that could have occurred. I mean it's not like they could run away. Just thinking about how things might've been different if you could change the past.

You look around the abandoned neighborhood searching for any sign of something that might be living. Even those weeds that grew in the cracks of sidewalks didn't want to be here. With a small sigh, you lifted you head up to look up at the tops of the buildings. That's when you saw everything you needed to see.

Walking into the alley way you quickly found a way up. The ladder to the fire escape was left down from when they had used it last. You made your way up as silently as you could. With hands in your pockets you walked over to the person laying on their back, eyes closed and breathing steady.

"Should've known you'd find me eventually" Kiyoshi finally opened his eyes, lazily looking up at you.

"Yeah, I could tell. Leaving down the fire escape ladder? I mean you're practically begging me to find you." Your heart beat against your chest harder with every passing moment. Not because you were nervous or scared in any way, but because you were absolutely furious.

"So.. what? You did all of this and now you're just laying here waiting for me to find you? Shouldn't you be with the LOV celebrating your little victory?"

His lips curved into a small smile as he went to sit up. He pulled out a joint from the front pocket of his flannel and a lighter from the other.

"Nah, I don't hang out with them like that. Just was a one time thing y'know?" He asked as if it was the most simple thing in the world.

'Oh yeah I just gave out information that could've killed multiple people, but you understand right?'

Trying to keep at least some composure you sat down next to him.

"So why did you do it? You seem pretty calm so I know they didn't hold you hostage or anything. If they offered you money I'm surprised they actually have any with the hangout that they have"

"Then I guess you don't have them all figured out then" Kiyoshi chuckled blowing some of the smoke out into the distance, then watched it disappear "No they didn't hold my hostage or offer me any of their money. Honestly, I'm surprised that you care. I mean you don't like heroes right? We could agree on that. No, I don't like villains either, but damn I just had to get a chance to knock them off their high horses, just once."

You shook your head as he talked "No, heroes aren't my favorite, but I don't think that's some excuse to go and kill them"

"Oh yeah? Then what about Native? You looked like you really wanted to kill him. I mean you did break his hand and all"

Your throat felt dry when he mentioned Native's name "That was a lapse of judgment. He was going to get me into trouble and I couldn't get into more. Also how the hell do you even know about that?" You didn't mean to, but you spat the words out at him anger finally starting to shine through.

He gave you a small once over like he knew he was getting to you.

"I get around... but is it really that different? What if I was having a lapse in judgment? What if I was having a fucking bad day? No second chance for me huh?" He took a long draw from the joint and blew out some more smoke "That crusty looking one came up to me after some stuff happened and asked if I knew anything. Talked about taking all the heroes down or some shit like that."

A minute of silence passed before he spoke again.

"I wasn't going to do it at first, but then he started saying all this stuff. About what some of the heroes do behind the scenes that just..." He let out a huff and shook his head "Doesn't fucking matter anymore. I did what I did, and I can't bring myself to regret it"