Chapter 49 - Intimacy

Wen Yu left behind a bunch of people in shock. Everyone else looked at each other, they were looking at each other, not knowing what to do.

They had attended lots of parties and gatherings, but there never seemed to be a Wen Yu.

Even at the parties held at the Wen house, he would only come from outside and pass them by without any expression, as if he never took them seriously.

They used to mock him, and also badmouth him behind his back, calling him by his nickname – Wen Duoyu.

This was the first time they went to a party with him, except for when Zheng Ye waited for him at the beginning which gave him a sense of presence. Later, he remained the same as before, with no sense of presence.

But suddenly, he came forward, and then pressed Wen Yiran's and An Qinru's faces to the ground and stepped on them.

It made all the people on the sidelines stand upright inexplicably.

After thinking about it, some people advised Wen Yiran –

"Brother Yiran, Wen Yu has already left, don't drink ti, moreover, there are 20 bottles of it..."

"Yes, if you really drink this stuff, you'll end up going to the hospital tonight."

"What a coincidence, how could it be a leopard? It was a flush and a leopard, brother Zheng Ye, how do you shuffle the cards?"

"Shall we... continue to play?"

...

Zheng Ye moved through the crowd, and his smile remained unchanged: "It's too much of a coincidence, Yiran, don't drink, Wen Yu isn't here. He just left, which should mean letting go. Come, come, let's keep playing."

Wen Yiran's face was calm, he didn't say anything, and he kept drinking.

Letting go?

Who are you kidding, did he need Wen Yu to let him go?

Chi Zhouchen stood in the corner, he hadn't yet spoken to Chi Zhengzheng, but at this moment, he was convinced –

The Wen family might be in trouble.

At least tonight, whether it was luck or whatever, Wen Yu won, stepping on the person he wanted to step on and ended up winning.

It was a beautiful win.

Wen Yu carried Chi Zhengzheng to the parking spot.

He hadn't had a drop of alcohol tonight, so he could drive Chi Zhengzheng back.

He put Chi Zhengzheng down, held her with one hand and opened the door of the passenger seat with the other, and carefully put her in.

However, Chi Zhengzheng didn't let go.

"Hmm? Uncomfortable?"

"Wen Yu?" Chi Zhengzheng's voice was a little hoarse.

"I'm here."

Her eyes were conspicuous and hazy, her mouth was split open, a row of white and neat teeth was exposed, her round eyes curved into a crescent moon, and without saying anything else, she recited his name: "Wen Yu."

"I'm here." Wen Yu wanted to gently take his hand off, his expression tender.

"Don't!" Chi Zhengzheng didn't let go, both her hands were tightly wrapped around his neck, looking at his face, giggling.

Wen Yu looked at her being drunk for the first time, he felt both helpless and amused.

She was still laughing, laughing so much that his heart melted, and an indescribable emotion spread in his heart.