Prologue

Marinette's POV

"Kwamis! Lunch Time!" And just like that, they appeared in front of me and started scarfing down the pastries I had laid out for them. I sat out my picnic mat reading a book while eating a sandwich I made myself. Today was just like any other day, the only difference was that the choice I made that day would change my life forever.
~~~~~~~~~~~

My name's Marinette Dupain-Cheng and I'm what's known as a special case. I'm a human with the exception of being able to see spirits and fae and other unearthly creatures. My parents died when I was only four and ever since then I've been living with an old, yet wise elderly man. His name was Wang Fu and he was just like me. He taught me all about the other side and I learnt how to cook and bake myself.

There are Werewolves who rise with the full moon, Vampires who kidnap human girls just so they can live on their blood and Devils who do nothing but stay hidden blending in with their surroundings. There are those main three along with the Fae Realm where the kwamis come from. They always appear in my secret spot which is pouring over with spiritual energy. Mister Fu created that place and it's the only place I want to be in.

But, of course, I don't live off of Mister Fu's charity. I work for myself as the secret fashion designer MDC. I also taught myself how to draw, design and sew and here I am. My life was going great. I was on my way down to the supplies story as I was low on purple and pink thread for an order that just came in. I was about to enter when something else caught my eye.

I followed that sinking feeling in my gut and it led me to an abandoned building. Beyond the door, a light shimmered and dimmed. I looked around and found an open window. I removed my bag from my shoulder and got in. I tiptoed around the room, my heels making a tapping sound that echoed throughout the room. My eyes widened at the sight. A portal?

~ A little Teaser for you guys. Chapter 1 is coming soon!

~EssyMLBDC~