Chapter 17 - Goodbye

Nino's POV

I woke up and recognised a familiar scent in the mansion. I left my room and my nose led me to Marinette's room. I knocked on the door but didn't hear anything. I slowly opened it but she wasn't there and her balcony window was open. Now that I got a good waft of the scent, I realised that it was Damian's but he wasn't in her room. I washed up back in my room then went to wake up Alya.

"Babe, Marinette's not in the mansion." She turned the other way but then shot up, "What Do You Mean Mari's Not In The Mansion!?!!?" I sighed, "I just checked her room and her balcony window was open. Damian's scent was in the room and..-" But she pushed me aside and ran out the room as I heard the front doors swing open downstairs. I knew I should've waited until she got up... But if she was fully awake, she would've been at full power...

I followed her into the Palace and we found the Waynes having breakfast and surprise, surprise, Damian wasn't there. "Where The Hell Is Damian!!?!?" I tried to calm her down and that's when Damian walked into the room. "You called, Cesaire?" She looked furious, "What. The. Hell. Did. You. Do. To. Marinette?" He looked stunned, "What are you..-" But she grabbed him, "Answer The F*cking Question, Wayne!!"

I grabbed her and pulled her away before the guards stepped in. "What are you guys talking about? Is something wrong with cupcake?" I scratched the back of my head, "She wasn't in her room when I checked and I also discovered Damian's scent in her room as well.." Everyone turned to Damian suspiciously. "Demon spawn, did you take pixie away!?" He was in disbelief. "Look, I didn't take her away, she wasn't in her room when I went to check on her..which is none of your business." he pouted. "It is if it involves blueberry."

Oh God...this escalated quickly. "If you all want to know about Marinette, I sent her back to Earth and she'll be staying there for as long as she needs to." We all turned around to see Priestess Marianne. "You sent her to Earth by herself?" Bruce asked. "Of course not, I sent her there with the kwamis. I took her to Earth this morning to have her guardian buried and she'll be over there for as long as she needs until she feels ready to return, IF she wishes to."

Marinette went back home? Without saying a word? Then again, the second family she's ever had just died on her again. That must be hard for her to handle. And furthermore, we've all been kinda selfish and controlling over her about her staying here. Maybe we saw it as protection and she saw it as overbearing. As werewolves, we just wanted to protect our pack.
~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette's POV

Priestess Marianne helped me bury mister Fu and coincidentally, it was right next to my parents' graves. I deeply inhaled then exhaled. This was hard. Seeing them next to each other like this just made me feel worse and just thinking about it made my throat and chest burn as I tried to hold back my tears. The three most loving persons in my world are gone and I'm left by myself now.

Mister Fu was old yet he took me in. Was it because he knew that I was different? Did he even want to adopt me, or was it because he knew the Priestess? These stupid, denial questions are flooding my head and I couldn't think straight. Maybe it's because I'm being too naive... What would've happened if I didn't walk through that portal? I should've just stayed put and sat my a** back here on Earth! Tch! I'm such an idiot!

~~~~~~~~~~
Memories of when Marinette was a child

Fu: Marinette. Why do you think the souffle keeps sinking?

Marinette: Maybe it just doesn't want to stay up..*pouts*

Fu: *chuckles* Or maybe you're too quick to check on it. You're worrying about what might happen before it even comes to pass. Patience, and of course, believe in your talents.
~~~~~

Fu: When you raise your hand at someone, you first must question why. Why are you doing this?

Marinette: Well master, it could be either one of two things: 1. He's a criminal or a bad guy, or 2. With him out of the way, there will be peace. It's like I'm protecting everyone.

Fu: So, which do you fight for?

Marinette: I fight...to protect the ones I love and to fight for those who can't fight for themselves.

Fu: A very wise decision, my pupil.
~~~~~

The Memory of how it all started

Marinette: Kwamis! Lunch Time!
I'm going out for some supplies for an order, mister. I'll be right back.
Is something wrong?

Fu: Today will be different from other days. Be careful, a storm is on the horizon.

Marinette: O-Ok... Bye!
~~~~~~~~~~

That day, he indirectly warned me. I didn't take his warning seriously. Ugh! Now he's gone because of me! What am I supposed to do!? My family is gone...

~~~~~~~~~~
Marinette: Mister, what is that word on your shirt?

Fu: Ohana.

Marinette: That's a funny word. What does it mean?

Fu: It means family.

Marinette: That's Me!

Fu: That's right.

Marinette: One day, when I grow up and I'm old like you, I'm gonna build us a castle and we'll live in it together! And we'll play with Tikki and Plagg and Wazz and all the other kwamis and fairies.

Fu: I can't wait to see that castle. It's gonna be a lot of work. Do you think you can do it?

Marinette: Anything is possible if you believe in yourself. You always tell me that, mister! I promise I'll build you that castle!

Fu: Haha. Okay, Marinette. I'll be waiting.
~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry mister...I didn't *sniffs* keep the promise. I didn't get you that castle and my hair isn't grey yet but, *hicks* at least you got to see one even though it wasn't mine. I hope...I at least made you proud *sniffs* and that you'll see me get that castle for you. I never dared to call you this because I thought I wasn't fit to be your daughter but *hicks*... I loved you as if you were my own dad. The second dad I ever had the chance of meeting.

All I wanted was for you to be proud of me and acknowledge me as your own and you did. I'm glad to have met you...dad... Goodbye.
~~~~~~~~~~

~Hey my lovelies, I don't know why but I was kinda tearing myself up in this chapter for some strange reason... Was anyone else tearing up...or was it just me..??

~EssyMLBDC~