Chapter 7 - A Grimm

Thanks to @X0Sleepydwarf82 for the name
Now back to the story. Bug Out!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Bug Out!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm Sorry."

Marinette's POV

I woke up and the first person I saw was Alya sleeping on my bedside. I tried to move but my back throbbed. She seemed to have heard me because her head shot up. "Oh, thank Lycanthrope! You're finally awake!" she yelled. I smiled as she stroked my hair, "Don't worry, we're back home now, you're safe." I noticed the marks on her neck and frowned. "I'm sorry..." she raised a brow, "Why are you apologizing?"

I felt tears stream down my face, "B-Because...this all happened because of me. Since the beginning..I shouldn't have walked through that stupid, I shuldn't have even checked it out. All of you guys got hurt since the first fight you two had because you were trying to save me and the other females. And here we are again because I got kidnapped and you all had to come and save me. Damian was right. I should've just gone back home and dealt with whatever consequences fate had in store for me."

I turned and Alya remained silent. There was silence all around me. Alya removed her hand and not long after I heard the door shut. I sighed heavily and looked out the window. My leg was doing better than my arm, in fact it was all healed. For the past few weeks to almost a month, Marianne came and performed her healing spells and some of the maids treated me with the prescribed medication.

And while I slept, I had the feeling that the Waynes, Alya and Nino kept watch over me. But for some reason, I knew Damian was ignoring me. Until one night, I woke up to go to the bathroom. I was feeling well enough to move and thank god because the maids had to help me the past weeks... I walked back out (A/N: Of course after she washed her hands..duh) and sat on the couch in front of the fireplace. *sigh*

There were bandages still wrapped around my upper body, and for my lower part, I wore pants. I still didn't even know what it looked like. I leaned back against the couch and deeply exhaled, "I'm so bored..." I felt a presence nearby and I got up and peaked out my balcony to see a wolf running back to the Palace. For some reason...it reminded me of Damian. Why was he out so late?

I sighed and walked out onto the balcony and yelled..hoping not to wake anyone up... "Damian!" He slowed down and the wolf looked up at me. It was him, I almost didn't recognise him because of how dark it was. He was about to run away again when I called out, "Wait, Please! I-I'll be right down! Don't Move!" I ran back inside and like an idiot I slid down the rails of the flight of stairs and made my way out the mansion.
~~~~~

Damian's POV

How did she recognise me from all the way up there? And what is she doing up so late?" The doors flew open and she made her way out the mansion and I was kinda still a long way from it so I began walking to meet her. Soon enough we met and she was panting uncontrollably. I exhaled, "What do you want?" I asked. She sat down in front of me and straight into my eyes.

"I'm sorry." My eyes widened. "That was you who said it..right?" I looked away. She heard me? Damnit! "I wanted to say you didn't need to apologize." I looked back down at her, "You have every right to say those things about me. Now that even the vampires know about me being a Psychic, and that you all are housing me, I understand the pressure that puts on you all. And as a ruler, you just want to keep your realm and family safe. I am sorry."

I was shocked. She didn't need to apologize. She didn't choose to be like this. I sat down and said, "Look, You didn't choose to be a Psychic and now in these times, human girls are being kidnapped everywhere. It's a problem we're all facing. Sooner or later, you were probably going to be one of those girls. What I'm trying to say is that you don't need to feel bad about our current situation with you. It isn't your fault, Marinette."

She giggled and for some reason my stomach felt light. "That's the first time you used my name." My eyes widened as I pouted, "First and last time..." I muttered. She laughed and scratched my head, "See, you're not all bad. You just have a weird way of showing your feelings and a hard time expressing yourself. Sometimes, you just need to relax and let go." She smiled and it made me feel better.

But there was something off about her. I can tell there was a weight on her chest. "Is something bothering you?" I asked. She stared at me then removed her hand from my head, "Why ever would you think that?" I sighed, I shouldn't force her to say anything if she doesn't want to. "Fine then. But you should be getting back to bed. The Priestess requested that you have a good night's rest."

She nodded and got up dusting off her pants. I walked her back to the mansion and she bowed thanking me. I nodded and left running off to the palace. I looked back to make sure the door was closed and it was. I transformed back and entered the Palace.

That wonderful scent of hers isn't as strong as it was before. Those vampires left their stench all over her.

You're mad because her scent is gone. You're ridiculous.

Oh come on, I know you miss it too. Not to mention her soft, pale skin, that taste...

Why is it that I can feel you drooling?

Point is my dear conflicted boy is that the craving will one day catch up to you. Why not embrace it now. If you wait too long...it'll all just build up and you'll be riled up for every last bit of her. That's when I come out.

Tt, don't be absurd. You're being delusional, wolf.

Look if you're worried about her, then you better hurry...before I take her for you.

I felt the stupid wolf smirk as my lycan growled in the back of my mind. I marched up to my room and slammed the door. I slouched down next to my bed and unbuttoned the top of my shirt and removed my belt, zipping down my pants. Sh*t... These two were just replaying pictures and that stupid memory over and over.
~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Father called us all to the meeting room and Marinett was there with Todd all over her. He squeezed in a tight hug, "Oh pixie, I've missed you!" She giggled and tapped his hand. "Alright, Marinette wanted to talk to all of us. Once Priestess Marianne arrives..-" "Already here, your Majesty." I hate it when she does that. "So Marinette, what is it that you wanted to tell us?"

She looked at the Priestess more so than anyone else and asked, "What is a Grimm?" Huh, why did she want to know about that? Furthermore, How did she even know about Grimms? The Priestess looked stunned and so did Father and Grayson. "Where did you hear that from?" she asked. "Kagami said it before I blacked out and it kept repeating every night while I slept."

She looked at Father and he nodded. "A Grimm is somewhat like a Psychic..but...more. They indeed possess the ability to see Fae, fairies and so on, but they are also capable of the same traits of Werewolves, Vampires, and very rarely Devils. For example werewolf strength, vampire speed and sometimes even teleportations between the Realms. But that's only a rare occurrence."

Marinette frowned at what she just said then sighed, "Is that what happened to me during the fight, Alya?" Cesaire thought about it then hesitantly agreed. "Yeah...she slammed Kagami to the ground hard. It was funny and I enjoyed it. But how does she know about Grimms?" The Priestess answered, "She is a very intelligent girl and her mother dates back to more than a millenia in age, almost as old as the Devil Lord himself and Gabriel."

Marinette got up and walked up to the Priestess, "So, I'm a Grimm then..n-not a Psychic?" The Priestess shrugged, "You could be both. Either way, with such power comes great responsibility. I will overlook this information and return as soon as I can with my results." And just like that she teleported.

~EssyMLBDC~