Chapter 6 - King Gabriel

Third Person's POV

Marinette was led down the halls and corridors of the Castle by Nathalie. They stopped at an enormous door and it opened with the loudest creak. Marinette followed Nathalie into the dark room with only a few candles for light. That's when she heard a voice, "Marinette, right? I finally get to see you." She flinched at the voice. It felt as though the room grew colder and wet water was being dumped on her.

Her eyes focused forward to see a tall man standing above her in front of a throne. He slowly walked down the steps and came face to face with her. She was nervous and her heartbeat sped up. He caressed her cheek as he examined her. "If you already know who I am, I am King Gabriel. You've already met my son." He gestured to the right and there was Adrien sitting on a chair. He looked pissed.

Marinette nodded as Gabriel circled around her, scanning her. He was currently behind her and he sniffed her neck, "That scent. You're different from all the other human girls I've seduced, even better, drank. You're trembling right now. I suggest you tell us what you are before I make you." She bit her lip and clenched her hands in a tight fist. Gabriel stood in front of her once again and grabbed her face. "Well...?"

She looked away, I can't tell them that I'm a 'Psychic'. The werewolves already know, not to mention the Fae. If this word gets out then I'm screwed. She glanced back at the doors behind her and around the room. The only way out was either through the door or through the tiny A.C. vents which were on the roof. She shook her head, removing her face from his grip, I need to get out of here.

Gabriel stood straight and glared at her. "Fine then, you leave me n..-" But Marinette looked and threw an object to the ground and powder flew everywhere. She threw yet another and another and the entire room was filled. She made it out the door and dashed down the corridors according to memories. She needed to get out of the Castle. She was almost there when she turned around to see Luka and Kagami not too far behind. Shoot!

She made the corner but there was a dead end with only a window a few feet above her. She tore the front of her dress and prayed before ascending the wall, Let's hope Mister Fu's training pays off... She was almost there when Kagami and Luka arrived at the scene. Sh*t! She mentally cursed. She managed to reach the window when Luka grabbed her by her hair, "I thought we were making progress but it seems I was wrong."

Marinette swiftly spun around removing her shoe and stabbing him in his side with her heel. He winced in pain as his grip loosened and she took the opportunity to break the window. She grabbed a piece of glass and threw her hand back as it pierced his hand. He let me go as Kagami was on her way up but instead went for Luka. Her eyes were lustful red as her fangs laid bare. Marinette sighed and without thinking she jumped.
~~~~~

Marinette's POV

*coughs* I-I actually survived the fall...? I tried to get up but I felt a spiking pain in my left arm and right ankle. Sh*t! I need to move, if I stay like this, they'll catch me in no time. I tried once again to get up using my other leg and arm. I managed to at least stand but froze as I heard a voice behind me. "That wasn't a very smart move, girl. You should've just done nothing like all the other Obedient b*tches from Earth."

Adrien. I ignored him and began to move. I can't focus on him right now. I was limping away for my life. Mister Fu warned me about this. Was I being too naive?

~~~~~
Fu: Marinette, The other side is a dangerous place. For humans like us, it's no place for 'weaklings'. I want you to remember that these teachings are to keep you safe. Sometimes, it is better to let your curiosity die rather than to fulfill its desire. But also, don't forget, that everything I've taught you, is to keep you safe.
~~~~~

Yeah, that's what he said...but I was foolish, thickheaded......and Obedient. "Limping away won't save you Marinette. I warned you. I only give one chance of warnings...and you wasted it." I heard his footsteps as if he were running up to me. I managed to roll to my side dodging his first attack. He was clearly testing me, he almost slashed my face, but instead sliced some of my hair.

He was soooo going to pay for that... I slowly got up but dodged yet another attack. "You B*tch! How Dare You Hurt Luka!!" Kagami. I narrowed my eyes as I glared at her. Two against one doesn't seem too fair of a match, especially if that one is injured. A wounded being is always vulnerable. I felt like I was captured in a spider's web and these two were ready to pick me off one by one...until there's nothing left.

That's when a cold, dark presence filled the air...and the stench of blood. My blood. I turned around to see Gabriel as I fell to the ground. My back was throbbing like hell. He picked me up by my hair as I gripped onto his arm for dear life. He pulled me closer to him as I felt him breathing down my neck, "I can't wait to have a taste of a Psychic." My eyes widened, How did he know?

But just then, a silhouette of a person came flying from in front of me and knocked Gabriel to the ground and caught me. I winced as the grip slipped past my wound. As my eyes regained focus, I recognised the brunette. Alya. "Don't You Dare Lay A Finger On My Friend You Pieces Of Sh*t!!" I noticed other figures surrounding us, the Waynes and Nino were here. I've never been so happy in my life.

Alya jumped away from Gabriel as I patted her back, "It's good to s-see you again, Alya.." I muttered softly. Her embrace tightened a bit. "I'm so sorry it took us so long. We had to convince a certain wolf to tag along." That's when I spotted Damian with an entire katana facing off against Adrien. "Cutting me won't be so easy as last time, Agreste." Agreste readied himself along with pulling out a staff from underneath his shirt.

"This will be fun, Wayne." They at each other and exchanged attacks all the while the others protected me and Alya from Kagami and some of the other vampire guards and Gabriel who faced off against Bruce. Alya lunged into the air unexpectedly and was tackled to the ground by Kagami who began to choke her. "Well this is a nice reunion isn't it, Cesaire!?" "Alya!" I yelled in worry. "I'm fine, M-Mari. Just give me a moment.."

All of this..just to save me... I don't deserve any of this. Why were these people fighting over me, I'm not worth it, I'm not even worth the trouble. Why are they risking their lives for me... I'm just a human girl with a stupid special power that I didn't even ask for. I got myself into this mess so it's my fault. They shouldn't be doing this for me.

Damian was right.

"Marinette!!" My eyes widened as I heard a familiar voice. "Get up! You can still help them!" I frantically looked around for the source but I couldn't find it. "You can do it, I believe in you! You can't just let your friends die for you, right!? So get up, Don't give up, Marinette!!" I wobbly got up and spotted Kagami still choking the life out of Alya while her nails dug into her neck.

I don't know what was happening, my mind was in a daze, yet I was in control. And in seconds I was right next to her and punched her so hard, it sent her flying. She went tumbling and scarred  the ground with a large ditch. She got up and glared at me. "You're gonna regret that.." She launched at me at inhuman speed but I caught her hand like it was nothing. I jabbed her first in the stomach, then chest, and finally her neck.

I then grabbed her shirt along with her hand and pulled her over my shoulders slamming her to the ground. "DON'T YOU DARE HURT MY FRIENDS EVER AGAIN!!" There was an entire hole in the ground and at the bottom laid Kagami as she muttered a word that echoed in my head, "G-Grimm.." My mind went back to normal as I swayed then ultimately passed out.

~EssyMLBDC~