Chapter 11 - Payback

Third Person's POV

As Marianne said, she went to check up on Marinette. She raised up her shirt and everyone stared in disbelief. "I-Is something wrong with it? I have been doing the treatment right...right?" Marinette awkwardly stuttered. Marianne conjured a huge mirror and Marinette was shocked to see the wound. "The scars were bigger than I thought..." Marianne explained, "That's not the problem."

"The problem is that there were three of them, now there are only two left. The first one faded completely." Marinette chuckled and turned to Damian. Payback time, Damian. "Is that why you were staring at me while I was changing? *smirks*" Everyone turned to Damian and Alya and Jason went ballistic. Damian glared as the girl with a fist formed in his hand, "You're gonna regret that. *growls*"

Marinette laughed in victory while Alya and Jason strangled him. That's what you get for putting me in an armlock not to mention trying to deny the fact that you were peeking at me. Bruce sat next to Marinette on the couch, "I heard that my sons invited you to the ball. You aren't obligated to come if you don't want to." Marinette shook her head, "It's fine. Plus...it really seems like they want me there, why turn them down after they looked so happy?"

Bruce smiled and patted her head, "You're truly a miraculous girl as Jason likes to call you." She giggled. "Well then, my job here is done. I'll return as soon as I can with the results. But I will see you all at the ball." She bowed and left. That's when Alya jumped on Mari giving her a tight hug. "A-Alya..you're squishing..me.." She finally released and dramatically sobbed on her shoulder.

"Don't worry Mari, I'll protect you from the naked eyes of these boys. They're despicable." Marinette raised a brow while they all stared at her in shock. "Don't worry Alya, I could just punch their faces like I did to 'Miss Narrow-Eyes'. It's fine." They both smirked and turned to the boys who flinched. "Now then, since our business here is over, let's head back to the palace." Bruce instructed.

The boys waved Marinette bye and they left. "So girls, have an idea what we should have for lunch?" Nino asked. A light bulb lit up in Marinette's head. "I got it!"
~~~~~~~~~~~

 "I got it!" ~~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette's POV

"Eat up!" Alya and Nino stared at the food as Nino wiped the drool from his lips. "Okay so some of the things I made aren't really meat. There's the shrimp tempura and the sushi which are both seafood. If you two don't like it I'll eat it." Marinette offered. "They're both delicious. Though I must say that I favour the tempura more than the sushi." Nino commented. "To me, the sushi tastes better."

Marinette thought, "Well, I've been watching your diet recently since I came. Nno, you prefer the fried foods I've made while Alya preferred the well seasoned based foods I've either baked, or boiled, even sautéed. Nino, you're clearly more attracted to an unhealthy diet than Alya. Sushi is mainly just raw fish just like how a werewolf's diet is around raw meat. But it was just an experiment."

They started munching on their food and I quietly giggled. "Girl, if you were staying here, I'd have you cook for us every day." Alya spoke. I smiled but then looked down. I'm not even sure if I wanna stay. Though I have made some friends and they all treat me well, but I have my life to live on Earth. I began to eat my share of food when I felt a strange presence. It felt...disoriented...

I didn't really see anything so I brushed it off and finished eating. Alya and Nino volunteered to do the dishes so I thanked them and went upstairs to continue their outfits. Also...I knew about their 'lust' for each other so a little alone time would be nice for them.
~~~~~

The day went by quickly, but there was that same feeling as before. I can't get it out of my head. I kinda felt like a Fae energy but...defiled to say the least. I managed to get a start on Nino's suit thanks to the maids who got me the material. I really hope he likes it. He and Alya. I got up and went to take a bath before I went to bed. I was so relaxed. I was on my way, drifting off to sleep when that feeling appeared again.

In the darkness behind my eyes, pulses of sparkling glitter flew everywhere. But it wasn't pretty...it was an abomination. My head throbbed and now, I was in my own little fantasy. Curses, ghosts, corrupted faes and kwamis everywhere. I was in the midst of a war and I couldn't get out. All the while my body laid still.
~~~~~~~~~~

Alya's POV

It was already past eight and Marinette wasn't up yet. Nino made us his 'famous' pancakes already but she wasn't down yet. I went up to check on her to see she was still in bed. She looked in pain. I shook her a few times until her eyes finally opened. "Mari are you okay?" I asked in concern. She then grabbed her head and groaned in pain. I laid her back down and hurriedly brought some ice back up to her room along with a towel.

I placed both on her head and she settled down a bit. What was wrong with her? Nino brought up some of his pancakes and some hot chocolate for her, resting it on her side table. "Thanks..Nino.." she weakly smiled. Sigh, I opened the psychic link with the boys in the palace and they all answered after a while.

Alya: Boys, Marinette just woke up with a headache she says. She looked like she was in a lot of pain though...not to mention exhausted.

Bruce: How is she doing now?

Alya: We got her some ice and breakfast and she's doing alright now.

Dick: Let us know if anything else happens.

Nino: Will do.

Jason: If she wants, we can all check up on her later..-

Tim: Including you Damian. We all know you're there. 

Damian: Tt, whatever.

The link ended and I turned back to Mari. She looked okay now but before, she had me worried. I left taking her dishes down to the sink and thought to myself. What if...her powers were becoming stronger and were too much to handle now? A human body is fragile and easily scarred. Maybe her powers were...eating away at her body? If that happens...then Marinette probably won't survive. Would it be possible...to remove it...?

~EssyMLBDC~