Chapter 3 - A Psychic

Alya's POV

Last night, Marinette was transferred into the mansion with Nino and I and this morning she decided to make us all breakfast. And I was surprised at the feast. Nino's mouth began to water as he drooled at the meal.

 Nino's mouth began to water as he drooled at the meal

"Girl, you could probably cook as good as Alfred." She giggled and sat down with us. "Thanks. Now eat up." And we did. Moments later, a knock came at our door. It was the Waynes, of course, minus Damian. Bruce walked up to Marinette and began, "Good morning, Marinette. Are you enjoying your stay?" She got up and bowed, "Very much your majesty. Would you like some breakfast? I made more than enough for the three of us."

The boys ran up to the table and stared at the food. "Seeing as they are practically drooling over it, why not." They all sat down, Jason sitting next to Marinette of course, and began eating. The boys helped Nino and Marinette clear the table as the maids did the rest. I stayed back to talk to Bruce. "She does have a peculiar scent. When will the priestess be coming?" I asked.

He turned to me. "She'll be arriving about an hour from now to do some tests on her." I questioned, "Does Marinette know about this?" He shook his head. I sighed. I walked over to Marinette and held her hand. "C'mon girl, we gotta get you some new clothes. Mine are clearly a bit too big." I pulled her up the stairs with her maids not too far behind and the fitting began.
~~~~~

"So, what do you think?" I asked in excitement as Marinette faced the mirror in her new gown. "I-It's great...but why a gown? A-And I could've just made my own clothing as well." I raised a brow, "You can..make clothing?" She nodded. "Wow Marinette, you're indeed a 'special' girl." I chuckled. "Mari." I looked back at her as she smiled, "You can just call me Mari for short. We're friends now, right?" I smiled.

One of the maids came in and said that the priestess had arrived. Marine..- I mean Mari looked confused. The priestess entered and I was surprised to see Priestess Marianne. "Hello Alya, it's been a while." She strolled up to me and booped my nose with her long staff. "Yeah. I thought you went to the Anua-Nix Realm to live with a 'lover' you said." She chuckled a reply, "Well, once the King specifically requests your presence then who am I to deny."

She turned to Mari and nodded her head, "Hello. I'm Priestess Marianne of the Fae. It's my pleasure." Mari bowed, "The pleasure is all mine. My name's Marinette, ma'am." Marianne giggled, "There's no need to bow, my dear. Well now, I better get started." Mari waved her hands awkwardly while she began to back away, "U-Umm, what are you talking about..?" The door opened and she bumped straight into Damian.

She jumped away from him as the other boys and Bruce made their way in closing the door. "What is going on here..?" she asked nervously. I went up to her and held her shoulders, "Listen Mari, all we want to do is figure out why the Vampire Prince wanted you so badly. Just calm down." Marianne came forward, "Don't worry Marinette, All I need to do is scan your body with my staff and all will be over."

Mari gulped as I took her over to the couch and made her lay down. Bruce brought a chair over for Marianne to sit on and she began. "Relax, my dear. Close your eyes and just breathe." Marinette did exactly that as Marianne hovered her staff over Mari from her head to her feet. That's when I heard Bruce's voice in my head.

Bruce: Priestess, your analysis.

Marianne: It's too soon to tell. I need a little more time, your Majesty.

Alya: I know how your staff works. Do you have any possible scenarios or possible..possibilities that can transpire from this experiment?

Marianne: For starters, Vampires usually go nuts for young human blood, mainly females. It could be that her blood is of a rare ancestry. There's also the possibility that the Prince might have a little crush on her because of her pale skin, bluebell eyes and midnight hair. Anything can come from this examination.

Damian: I don't know why but I feel as though she's hiding something from us.

Dick: What do you suppose that is?

Damian: I don't know. But I don't fully trust that Agreste would buy a human girl for 3 Billion without good reason. She doesn't add up.

We were all broken out of the telepathic link when Marianne stopped. She lifted her staff and narrowed her eyes at the glowing gem to the top. Her eyes widened as she stood stiff. Tim shook Mari and she got up looking worried. "Marinette, would you like to tell everyone what you are?" She looked down at the ground not saying a word. "Your Majesty, Highnesses, Marinette... Is a Psychic."

Wait...t-that's..that's impossible. They've been hunted down by both the devils and the fae as soon as they found out they existed. Marinette...is one of them? Does that also mean that the females at the bidding were too? I was frozen on the spot. "Well, now we all know why the Agreste child wanted her. This gives us more of a reason to send her back home. If the Fae and the Vampires know she's here they'll take her out. The less people knowing, the better."

I was about to counter when Marinette got up and left the room, slamming the door. I grit my teeth as my eyes glared at Damian. "You A**hole! How dare you say that to Marinette!" He scoffed and turned to leave and I lost it. I punched his face hard. He turned to me furiously as his cheek turned red, "How Dare You Lay A Hand On Me!" I shouted, "I HAVE A RIGHT TO! EVER SINCE MARINETTE CAME INTO OUR REALM YOU'VE BEEN NOTHING BUT MEAN TO HER AND AFTER THIS DISPLAY, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE NEXT IN LINE TO BE CROWNED KING!! IT'S NOT ONLY MARINETTE BUT WITH EVERY FEMALE OR 'COMMONER' THAT WALKS INTO YOUR LIFE! A KING IS SOMEONE WHO CONSIDERS EVERYONE EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT OF THEIR OWN KIND! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!"

As of now, we were both transformed into our Lycans. Damian then spoke, "I'm trying to keep my kingdom safe. If that human girl causes problems and if word gets out that she's a Psychic then a war might as well ignite. There's always another way, and the other option is sending her back home." He transformed back into his human form and left the room. I turned back to normal as Nino comforted me.

But that was interrupted when a scream echoed throughout the mansion. Marinette!! I ran to the window to see a vampire flying away with an unconscious Marinette in his hands and right behind him was a female which I recognised almost immediately. Kagami... And the male could only be Luka. And just like that, they teleported.

~EssyMLBDC~