chapt 57 • A Date

I promised my mother that I wouldn't try to pass all the time before going to university in my room, so every time my father invited Sage's family to discuss things with her father, she would bring a conversation with me and I would talk to her th...

I promised my mother that I wouldn't try to pass all the time before going to university in my room, so every time my father invited Sage's family to discuss things with her father, she would bring a conversation with me and I would talk to her this time.

"Let's look on the bright side, instead of hiding away in a room. We can keep each other company" Sage pokes her elbow into my arm as we sit in the living room and mother walks down the stairs.

"I don't mean to bother, but can you take a quick run to the grocery store? I need a few more things for the party and I have to get started on the food, please" She hands me a list and tells me I can take the car.

"I'll go with you" Sage adds, taking the list from me before I can even take a look when my mother asks her if she's sure she says it's no problem.

I didn't mind, besides mother wanted me to go out more and do something other than sketching every little thing I found interesting but that didn't stop her from handing me my small book every time I left the house.

Driving to the grocery store, Sage talked about all of her favorite restaurants, and places to go whenever her parents weren't forcing her to go to a business party.

"It must've been hard not going to a regular school all your life until now, how'd you even get through that private school?" She turns her head towards me.

Once again, my mind drifts back to the only person who ever made Hartford interesting and gave me a reason to look forward to my lectures and look forward to everything.

Before I even get to answer she studies me, "I understand now, who were they?"

"What do you mean?" I can see her rolling her eyes as if I think she's stupid, when I stop at a red light she continues.

"I see it, the slight pause before you spoke, you probably were just daydreaming about them just now" She reads me perfectly, and when I don't say anything she confirms that she's right.

I always find myself daydreaming about Honey. Sometimes when I go out and walk around, I think about all the things she might love, like the small plant nursery since she would always come into my room and admire my plants.

"But I'm also guessing since you've tried your hardest to pass time in your room, that you two aren't in contact" Again I give no response and she still gets her answer.

I want nothing more than to turn this car around and drive straight to her but the problem was I didn't know where she was. Instead, I kept driving to the grocery store.

"At least tell me what she's like? Is she like you?"

Honey was nothing like me at least not when we first met, I was a stuttering mess and blushing idiot and yet she would only have confidence in the form of a smirk and her words.

At the shake of my head, Sage hums. "Then I'm guessing she's bold and made the first move"

"She sounds hot to me, you're hot, she's hot and you both probably hate the fact you're not with each other right now" She takes out the note of things my mother wrote down for us to get as I park the car.