chapter 3- first day.

I wake up at around 8am to get ready for the first day on the job. I was gonna pick a cute outfit but then remembered that we have uniforms so i go to my closet and grab them. I put them on, mess with my hair and just laugh at myself at how stupid it looks, then i head to my car and start driving to work.
Once I get there i head to scoops ahoy and see robin.
"Hey!" I say walking up to her and giving her a hug.
"Hi y/n, what do you think about the outfit?"
"I honestly will jump out of a building if any cute guy sees me in this." i say sarcastically, making robin laugh.
"Uh hey! I- I'm Steve i guess I'm gonna be working with you guys." Someone says walking over to us.
I turn around to meet this person and it's a CUTE FUCKING GUY, i mean at this point I'm already in the gay panick mode lmfao.
I look at robin knowing she knows he's my type in irony that what i just said came half true.
"Steve Harrington right? We went to school together. I'm robin and this is y/n." Robin says, introducing us with a smirk.
"Hey." I say awkwardly.
"Oh yeah, i think i remember you actually but um i don't think I've met you before sorry."
"Yeah, i was homeschooled so we probably haven't met, i pretty much only talk to robin so.."
"Cool!"
We spend a little while talking and getting to know each other sense literally no one comes to eat ice cream before 10am.
Its about 11am and we get our first customer. Steve decides to go first and talk with the customers Wich are two women around our age but he just starts flirting badly.
I look over to robin and see her laughing at him, i just crack a smile but when i look back they are walking away with their ice creams.
"Dude, that's your flirting? How were you popular?" Robin says.
"Haha very funny, I'm just warming up i bet you by the end of the day I'll have at least one date." He says confidently.
After that we spend most of the time talking and selling ice creams to random people as robin makes fun of him for every failed flirting attempt.
After like an hour more people start to come and this group of kids comes in.
"Hey is Steve here?"
"Yeah, why?" I ask.
"It's nothing we just came to see him."
"Hey Steve there are children here to see you!"
"Thanks y/n -he says laughing.- what do you guys want?"
"We just wanted to stop by and maybe see a film?"
"Fine. Come here." He says taking them to the back hall for staff only.
"What are you doing dingus?" Robin says.
"Nothing, just helping some friends out. Hey be careful, if they catch you your dead!"
"Ok then.."
"They seem nice." I say.
"Yeah well, they can be a pain in the ass."
The day goes by and everything goes smoothly. We attend to customers, Steve makes some failed attempts at flirting, we hang out and soon it's almost time to pack our stuff and close up for the day.
"I really enjoyed meeting you y/n." He says as we walk out of the mall.
"I liked meeting you too. Sorry you couldn't find a date."
"Eh it's ok, I've got all summer to do that. I also had more fun getting to know you."
We say goodbye and each of us head home.