chapter 19- i love you.

We're still driving away from the monster but it's suddenly stops and turns around.
"It's turning around." Steve says.
"What?"
"ITS TURNING AROUND." I say louder.
"Maybe we wore it out?"
"I don't think so.. hold on." Jonathan says as he spins the car around with force.
While we're driving into the other direction i started to feel this sickening feeling that something wasn't right.. i mean besides the huge ass monster that's literally trying to kill us. The walkie talkie goes off to Dustin explaining how to shut the gate machine thing.
"You think it's gonna work?" I ask robin and Steve.
"Yeah, i mean Dustin seems to know what he's talking about." Robin says.
"Yeah, your right."
I look over to Steve and see tears in his eyes.
"You ok Steve?" I say as i scoot over closer to him.
"I'm so sorry.. it's my fault you guys are involved in this." He says as he runs his hand through his gorgeous hair anxiously.
"Hey, it's not your fault! We made the choice in helping, remember? We asked you to let us join not the other way around."
"Y/ns right, i mean we did beg you and Dustin to help. It's not your fault, it never was. Besides us gays need to stick together right?" Robin says with a little joke at the end Wich makes us chuckle.
"Wait.. your gay too?" Lucas asks, Wich makes robin let out a laugh.
"Yeah.. ok sorry." Steve says but i can see hes still upset about it.
"Hey, baby.. look at me. -i say as i hold his face softly and stare into his sad eyes.- don't you dare blame yourself. Your the reason we're still alive! You saved our asses like 7 times! Besides, even though this has been the most terrifying experience of my life i wouldn't have it any other way because we ended up here, together."
He leans in and kisses me, then he hugs me like his life depended on it. i hug him back and draw circles with my thumb around his back to calm him down. He lays his head on my shoulder and i lay mine on top of his.
"I love you.." he whispers.
omfg he loves me this is the gayest moment of my life the gay panick i REAL.
"I love you too." I whisper back to him as i kiss his forehead.
A few minutes go by and i think they are almost done with the gate.
"Did you do it?"
"Yes!"
"Shut it now! SHUT IT NOW!!" Dustin yells to Joyce and hopper.