⁰⁶

•••

[ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx ]
𝐀 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃

•••

Nagi woke up to incessant calling, his phone lighting up with incoming messages and other lost calls. He felt around the nightstand while still half-sleep, ignorant to the reason behind the fuss being made at two am. Finally, he groaned, tapped his phone, and squeezed one eye shut at the brightness of the screen.

Different contacts showed up: his manager, the football association, Isagi, Barou, Chigiri... oh, shit, Chigiri.

As soon as he clicked on a link, tons of images showed up accompanied by exaggerated headlines about them and awful comments on Twitter. While Nagi had been sleeping, his team was flipped upside down. Shidou was talking shit in their group chat. Someone else tried to be friendly and congratulate them.

Nagi could only imagine how much damage control this would entail. He wanted to go back to sleep until the issue had calmed, but his stupid alpha — the feral part of him that seemed to doze off whenever he was off the football field — groaned at him, agitated. What the fuck did it want?

Right, Reo. Chigiri said he should talk to Reo to clarify that the rumors were false. His alpha agreed, upset at the thought of making his omega sad or angry.

Reo hadn't texted, though, so that was something Nagi could fix later, at a reasonable time of the day. He covered his face with a pillow, kicked the bed, and tried to the shush racing thoughts in his mind. Nagi wasn't one to let his alpha take control, anyway.

Actually, they tended to be very much off-sync outside of football. Before presenting, not having a voice in his head that verbalized his instincts was fine, and then he got one that seemed to find everything bland and unmotivating. Unlike other alphas his age, Nagi didn't get a nagging of claim, claim, claim. He was very much unaffected by other alphas looking for fights. And adults even described him as very self-controlled, although there were no impulses to control, that was it.

Regardless of the attitude problem, his body grew and changed like an alpha was supposed to. He could make commands now and had a big dick with the ability to knot. His fangs were bigger and sharper, his scent stronger. On the outside, he was like any other guy who had gone through a second puberty. But, on the inside, his alpha was numb most of the time.

Nagi found it more helpful than anything. That way, he would never succumb to his instincts. Playing sports worked his alpha up slightly, and he enjoyed its benefits, which was the better focus. All the disadvantages that came with presenting, he didn't feel at all.

Until Reo presented... and it bothered Nagi like nothing else. Reo was a friend, a close one at that. Nagi didn't like how instantly after Reo reached maturity, Nagi's alpha was all over the place like he hadn't been alive before. Suddenly Nagi was getting wet dreams about a friend, searching for his touch and scent days before starting his rut, thinking of mounting him, knotting him, and breeding him. It was disgusting. He found his alpha gross for the way it sexualized his best friend and didn't want to think about what it meant to see Reo that way, not Reo, who was the one person he didn't want to lose.

Nagi understood it was the one alpha thing he would have to suppress: his obsession over someone who he hadn't liked before, who he wasn't willing to hurt just to get his dick wet. So he made a line and refused to cross it, although he allowed himself small pleasures like scenting each other. And sure, he liked Reo now, after years of sexual attraction grew into an emotional connection. But why would he act on it when Reo had never looked at him that way? Why risk what they already had?

『𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡』𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘪 𝘹 𝘳𝘦𝘰जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें