¹²

•••

[ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ  ]
𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

•••

Three words that shouldn't have been so hard to say. Reo gaped for a minute before protesting like he often did. Stubborn. "But you said I could get anyone I wanted, and you made it clear that it wouldn't be you. We talked about this before...."

"We did not," the alpha clarified. "I told you I didn't understand because I didn't."

"But I used to flirt with you when we were younger. And I, I scent you and all that, I-"

"And you never told me you liked me." Seishiro reminded him just as Reo's hand clung onto Nagi's to keep it on his cheek. "Did you expect me to guess? Me? I thought you said I couldn't understand shit if it wasn't spelled out for me."

Reo's stare flickered across his face, reading Seishiro, fearing dishonesty. "You sure you don't just pity me?"

"You think I would put myself through all this effort if it was out of pity? Have you ever seen me do something out of pity?"

Reo found himself smiling at those words. The real question should be: have you ever seen Seishiro put effort into anything aside from football? This had to be a big deal for him. Reo had to mean more than he was aware of.

His heart soared, and Reo fisted Nagi's shirt, pulling him close enough that he could perceive his feelings with every inhale. "Swear it. Swear you like me too."

Nagi pushed a strand of hair behind Reo's ear. "Of course I like you. I do." He began to explain, arguing his case because, with Reo, one always had to allay all his doubts. "I came to see you the day after the rumor with Chigiri; you really think I was only there to talk about the papers? My alpha wouldn't stop thinking about you, feeling like I had ruined it with you, my mate."

After his admission, Seishiro didn't expect Reo to meet his lips, kissing him eagerly. He closed his eyes while Reo took him by the waist, pulling him into his room and then against the wooden door. The omega finally smelled happy, and when Seishiro's fingers went to his neck, Reo purred against his mouth.

"Shhh, I got you, omega." Seishiro dug his thumb into Reo's scent gland, causing his partner to tilt his chin to the side and expose his neck provocatively. Being addressed as a potential mate in such an instinctive way awoke something primal in the alpha. He felt as hectic as a dog wagging his tail, although his smile was small and satisfied more than blinding. "I'm so into you... I've wanted to have you like this since we were sixteen."

Reo looked at him like Seishiro had hung the moon and the stars, which would be scary if it wasn't so fucking exciting. "Me too," he brushed Seishiro's nose with his own, tempted to kiss him again. "You don't know the half of it."

He could have said a thousand more things, profess the love that has tormented him for so long because, as he had told Seishiro before, he would never want to shut up about it. But Seishiro kissed him again, not needing more confessions. Reo first moved at the same pace, pressing back with both his mouth and hands, pushing Seishiro until the knob dug into his back.

"Easy, Reo." They were where they wanted. There was no rush.

Reo spoke sensually against his lips, stealing Seishiro's breath. "I've held back so many times... I never thought I'd be able to have you at all."

And he rutted his hips against his lover's, his hold hungry and possessive on Seishiro's waist. His alpha might have forgotten the situation he had caught Reo in. Yet Reo's omega couldn't simply set his instincts aside. His heat was slow, but the wave would crash again at his shore any minute from now.

If his hard-on wasn't enough of a reminder, Reo's scent would have to work. He left kisses on the corner of his partner's mouth, his cheek, and he purred some more while nuzzling the side of his face. Seishiro's breath hitched when Reo sucked on his scent gland, the omega's pheromones filling the air at the bliss of being allowed to touch another so intimately.

"Fuck, you smell so good," his alpha complimented, melting at the door and sneaking both hands under Reo's long shirt that was barely covering him. Seishiro groaned while grabbing the back of Reo's thighs, the mere warmth of his body thrilling enough to make his fangs show.

He would love to fuck him; he would love to have him in any way or form, even if that meant sucking his cock for the duration of his heat or licking his pussy for hours. The one big problem and the reason why he couldn't was, unfortunately, right under his nose.

"You're in heat."

Reo chuckled in his ear before nibbling at his earlobe. "Yeah, Mr. Obvious."

"I can't have you like that." Seishiro clarified. He nosed the column of Reo's neck, brushing the omega's scent gland with his lips as he talked, apologetic. "There's lots to talk about before spending a heat together."

Because even if Reo liked him, he might not want Nagi to knot him yet. Plus, Seishiro doubted he could hold back from biting and bonding with Reo in the middle of lovemaking. Discussing those things was a must, and no one in heat or rut would be able to hold such rational conversations.

Reo seemed to disagree. "Sei," he looked him in the eye, "Sei, don't do that to me. Save the chivalrous crap for later, don't leave me alone."

"I can stay outside. I won't leave the apartment," Seishiro tried to comfort him. "Reo, you're supposed to be the rational one here."

Reo shook his head; he didn't think he could survive another rejection on the same day. "I made my move on you when I was in pre-heat. You have to believe me," he argued. "I want you, and now that I know you do as well, I need you. Just tell me you don't want to have sex yet, but don't blame it on me. Do you know how long I've wanted you to fuck me?"

"Ten years?"

"It's not funny." But Seishiro didn't mean to be cruel with his teasing. His worries were legitimate. He left a loud peck on Reo's cheek. Even if Reo were telling the truth...

"I'm just saying we shouldn't rush into things. Bonding is a big deal, and I want you to be my mate, I do, just... we're still young." His shoulders slumped at a loss of words. Nagi wasn't as good at talking Reo out of things as when it was the other way around.

However, if bonding was the issue, Reo had the perfect solution.

•••