⁰⁸

•••

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ]
𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐎 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄?

WARNING: SMUT

•••

Self-hatred arrived on the weekend, once his rut was over and a whole day had passed, so Nagi had recovered enough to remember the concept of shame. He didn't often overthink, yet found himself falling into it, wondering why he had to be such an animal sometimes. He wasn't much of a fan of the little voice instigating him to get into his best friend's pants and ruin their relationship over it.

We could make him happy, his alpha argued, not just fuck him, claim him. Mate him.

Yeah, yeah, Nagi already knew that. He just didn't want to act on it. Precious friendship was worth more than personal feelings, remember? His alpha huffed, you don't act on anything!

Nagi rolled his eyes; he didn't know if he could see Reo and act like a normal person, not after he had him subjected to so much sex in his imagination that it had to count as a breach of trust in their friendship or something. He wouldn't tell Reo a single thing about it. Anyhow, Nagi might feel guilty, but he wasn't an absolute idiot who would expose himself willingly.

However, when Reo greeted him at the door, Nagi realized that he shouldn't have come. Reo had a tinge of something sugary on top of his fruity scent, and it wasn't perfume. Actually, it was a sign of pre heat.

"Hey, isn't that mine?" Reo pulled him in by the front of the sweatshirt, inspecting his appearance with interest. Nagi was wearing a hoodie that Reo had left months ago over at his house; he had clung to anything that smelt of Reo as soon as he was back home. "It looks good on you."

He pushed him towards his sofa, talking before Nagi could reply. "Take a seat, for now. I was about to send an email so let me just take care of that. I'll come back in a minute, okay?"

Nagi sat and saw his friend hurry back to his room, tying his hair as he walked. He didn't close the door at all, so Nagi watched Reo press a few things on his laptop and lean into the computer before finally slumping on the chair of his desk. Reo smirked at him, making a thumbs-up motion, and then stood up to remove his shirt-

Wait, why was he taking off his shirt? Nagi scratched the inner part of his wrist and saw the skin react, felt the pain — yes, he was very much awake, and Reo was very much shirtless, which usually wouldn't make much of a difference if it weren't because Nagi's pictured him naked for the past three days straight.

"Should I leave?" he blurted out. Reo was about to start his heat, wasn't he? His mind might be hazy, or he could be delirious...

Reo faltered for a second, shame tainting his features. The last thing Nagi wanted was to make him uncomfortable, so why was he looking like that? "Sorry, it's kinda hot right now, with the weather and everything. Plus, it's my house, so I thought... but I can put on a shirt if you prefer."

Nagi swallowed, focusing on his hands instead, unsure of what may happen if he dared to look at Reo right now. "Whatever, you're my best friend. It's not like I've never seen you naked before."

"Yeah." Nagi felt Reo's weight by his side, his fresh scent wrapping him like a hug.

Silence stretched between them and Nagi realized the omega had something on his mind that he couldn't bring himself to say. So Nagi did what he did best and tried to encourage him without words, just the soft squeeze of his hand on Reo's knee.