¹¹

•••

[ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ  ]
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒

WARNING: SMUT

•••

Nagi swore he would be polite. His alpha may not like the idea of another in Reo's nest, but, again, Nagi's never been one to lose his cool. He would enter, say hi when the service alpha took a break, and ask how Reo was doing; if he was momentarily satiated enough to hold a conversation. If he wasn't, Nagi would wait for as long as he had to until the omega was ready.

He didn't intend to take over the other alpha's job, not when he and Reo hadn't really discussed anything. But he despised the idea of waiting any longer to talk to the other. Knowing how Reo's traitorous brain worked, it would probably give him the idea that Nagi simply didn't care. Plus, Nagi would forget what exactly he wanted to say. At this point, both of them have waited and overthought enough.

When he arrived at the apartment, he realized that, on the outside, there were no lingering scents. If he listened carefully, though, he could hear the whines; an erotic cascade of sounds that varied in pitch and volume but were all unmistakably Reo.

His friend had done a good job turning his apartment soundproof. Sadly, it couldn't compete with an alpha's heightened senses or an alpha on a mission.

As he entered Reo's place, the aromas and sounds became ten times stronger, impossible to hide. They assaulted Nagi's senses until his mind was clouded. He closed his eyes, shook his head, and scrunched his nose in distaste, overwhelmed.

He might have underestimated how being here would affect him. He was, after all, in his omega's nest without permission to come close or touch him, witnessing someone else pleasure him in a way Nagi's never been allowed to.

Nagi only broke off his trance when Reo called him with soft little whines.

"Ah, alpha," he gasped, " Sei, fuck"

Any doubt that Reo may not want Seishiro flew out of his mind.

Reo was moaning his name while getting stuffed in alpha cock, when he should be thinking of literally anything else. Someone was about to knot Reo, and he would dream it was Nagi. He was asking for him, more desperate than Nagi imagined in his own rut-induced fantasies.

It prompted him to walk closer to the room, just to confirm he hadn't hallucinated that last bit.

"Ah, Sei," Reo whined again, voice breaking into gasps at the end.

He sounded so gone that Nagi couldn't not rest his ear and shoulder on the door to listen a little longer. This was, after all, a side of Reo that his best friend had never shared with him. A side that Seishiro's alpha had been craving to discover for years.

After all that pent-up sexual frustration, the alpha couldn't be blamed for getting momentarily distracted.

His dick stirred in his pants as he listened some more. If he tried to picture it, he could see his omega squirming, struggling to keep down his sounds because no other alpha had the right to make him moan like that.

Nagi could picture Reo's tensed stomach, his trembling chest, and the sharp jut of his hips as he twitched and jerked, looking for his own pleasure without caring for the stranger inside of him. He would make the perfect sight, mouth falling open in a sob while he comes calling Nagi's name.

He must be a crier, with those pretty purple eyes that bared his soul to the world.

"Oh, fuck!"

It was merely an accident when Nagi cracked the door open and broke in with a stumble, wrongly believing the safety would be on regardless of his weight on the door.

"Ah, shit." He mumbled, steadying himself on the wall.

Reo's self-indulgence came to a halt. In a blink, he was up, pushing Nagi out of the room with an aggressiveness improper of him. Nagi couldn't react accordingly when he was a) caught off guard and b) too stunned by the fact that no service alpha was present.

Indeed, no other alpha had been with Reo. In his room, only pillows and foreign garments remained.

Reo's skin had a reddish hue, both from the heat and the shame. And his eyes were red-rimmed, but not for the reasons Nagi imagined. Perhaps he had already been crying before the first heatwave hit him.

Now, he appeared conscious enough to chew Seishiro out. "What the fuck are you doing here?!"

Nagi's brain had a hard time catching up and before he knew it, Reo was attempting to close the door in his face. Nagi stopped him by taking Reo's wrists, locking eyes with him.

The omega was so panicky, probably because of his broken heart and the hormonal whiplash, that Nagi wasn't surprised to see his anger dissolve into tears. Ah, not again. He softened at the reaction. "Reo, don't cry...."

"How can I not when you just saw me like that?!" Reo whisper-shouted, trying to free himself from the grasp. "Fucking hell, Seishiro, I told you to leave me alone. You're the worst, the absolute worst-"

The crying made him feel idiotic because he had done this to himself. Reo couldn't believe that after years of being so careful with his pining, Nagi found out like this, seeing how perverted he could truly be behind his back.

He was half-naked and soon would turn into a mess of snot and tears in front of an alpha who had just rejected him. His dad had been right in saying he had no self-respect because what the fuck was he, the Mikage heir, even doing?

If this were anybody else, Reo would find a way to save his dignity. But trying to collect himself was impossible. Hopeless, too.

He had already dug his grave in the afternoon by pleading Nagi to mate him. What was one more stripe to the tiger?

Seishiro's hold eased slowly. Reo didn't fight back this time around. He hugged himself, looking away and pretending to ignore the relaxing scent tickling under his nose. He didn't know what to wait for since being rejected again would end this confrontation quicker but also worsen his heat.

Whatever he expected, it wasn't for Seishiro to cradle his face. He almost flinched, looking up in shock.

"If I'm still the only alpha you want," Seishiro gulped, hoping he wasn't mistaken. "I'd like to be yours."

"What?"

With his bravado washing off progressively, Seishiro forced himself to confess before more misunderstandings could set them apart.

"I like you."

•••