~Chapter 4~✓

~Lorenzo's POV~

I sigh as I hear my alarm go off.

It's 6 in the morning.

The whole night I was up, thinking about the short brown-haired girl.

I pull the sheets off of me and groan.

I sit up and stretch my muscles.

I stand up and walk over to my closet and grab a loose white tank top and a random pair of sweatpants along with my boxers.

I walk into my bathroom and relieve myself. Then go over to my sink and brush my teeth along with rinsing my face.

I get changed then grab my running shoes and then walk over to grab my phone from my nightstand table. I walk straight to my front door. While doing that I stop at the little table right next to the front door and grab my Wallet and keys.

I sigh as I open the door then close it behind me then lock it.

I walk over to the elevator and push the button.

I close my eyes as I wait.

I didn't get any sleep last night.

I hear it ding.

I walk in without opening my eyes.

I only open my eyes to push the ground button.

I lean my head against the wall of the elevator and let my mind wander to Adalyn.

It's crazy that someone becomes obsessed with someone over only meeting them once.

I never thought I would ever like someone ever in my life.

When I was little I saw people around me when my dad was working less than their loved ones because of work so I made a promise to myself to save someone from ever loving me so I chose not to love anyone.

Was it hard? Yes, it was.

All I ever dreamed about when I was a way to love someone, get married, have kids and grow old together.

But I also don't want to go through loving someone and then losing them shortly after.

But Adalyn is like air for your lungs. You can't live without it.

The odds of seeing her again are so low. Even though I have my ways of bumping into her "accidentally". I won't do that.

I want to get to know her by her trusting me. If that makes sense.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when the elevator dings again.

I walk straight to the door.

I walk into the busy city and sigh.

As I run I think about what my life would be like if I didn't continue the line of running the business.

I had an option.

Maybe I would be living in a small town, a big house, with lots of little kids running around, with a wife.

It's hard knowing what's going to happen one day.

I run around 4 miles which is very small than what I normally do.

I walk into the gym that's just down the street from my apartment.

I walk over to the front desk and say hi to the old lady.

She's been working here for years.

After that, I walk into the locker room. And grab my water bottle and fill it up.