~Chapter 9~✓

~Lorenzo's POV~

As I drive off towards my office after dropping off Adalyn at school I get a call from my mother.

"How's my handsome son doing? Not getting in trouble hopefully." She said cheekily.

She knows I'm a part of the Mafia because it has been in my family for generations.

"I'm doing a great mom. How are you? And no I'm not getting into trouble." I say the last part chuckling.

"That's great. I'm doing good too. And good boy."

"So why did you call me," I say while parking my car in the parking structure.

"What I can't just call my baby boy...... Come have lunch with me today. We will have a late lunch." She said.

This happens at least once a week so I'm used to this.

"Ok, I can be there around 1 because I have a meeting at 11," I said while getting out of my car and handing my keys to my valihe.

"Ok good. I will see you then. I love you."

"I love you too mom," I said then hanging upright when the elevator.

I push the button to my level with my office.

I walk into my office and start doing my work when someone walks in.

I look up and see Susie walk in her usual skimpy dress with everything hanging out.

This is why I don't associate with the opposite gender. They always throw themselves at me every chance they get.

"I brought you some coffee....... Just like you like it...... Nice and hot." She said while sounding sexy which did not work.

She puts it down on my desk bending over it so she shows me her fake boobs.

She should get a refund for them they do not look natural.

I look at her with a straight face with no emotion present on it.

"You're fired," I said while looking back at my laptop and continuing what I was doing before she interrupted me.

"Wh-what do you mean?" She asked.

"I mean you are fired," I said then looked into her eyes with a dark look.

She moves back slowly with fear written on her face.

Once she gets to the door I see that she's crying but I have no sympathy for her.

She closes the door probably running away crying as all of the others did before her.

I push the button on the intercom on my desk and call Leo.

"Leo. My office. Now." I say then go back to typing away at this contract.

A few moments later I hear a knock at my door.

"Enter," I say not looking up.

"Y-you c-called s-sir." He said nervously while walking in.

Not looking up from my screen I say.

"Find me a new assistant. One that won't try to throw themselves on me."

"Y-yes s-sir." He said then just stands there.

I look up at him and glare at him.

"Leave," I said in a dark voice.

He scurries away quickly and closes the door rather hard.

I work for a couple of hours until Leo tells me everyone was here for the meeting in the meeting room.