~Chapter 8~✓

~Adalyn's POV~

As I walk downstairs holding on to the hand railing with my right hand so I don't fall and my left holding my dino.

I had a bad dream again and couldn't find mommy or daddy in their room.

"YOU STUPID UNGRATEFUL BITCH." I hear daddy yell somewhere downstairs.

I slowly follow mommy and daddy's voices and end up in the kitchen.

Mommy and daddy are arguing again. They do this a lot.

"I can't do this anymore." Mommy cried.

I walk in slowly holding my dino and rubbing my eye with my other hand.

I look up at mommy and daddy to see them looking at me. Mommy is wiping her face and daddy has an emotionally less face. Like normal.

"What's wrong Angel?" Mommy asks me while kneeling in front of me.

"I-i had a bad dream." I feel tears fall down my face.

Mommy picks me up and holds me for a few seconds.

"Let's go to bed ok?" Mom says while walking towards the stairs.

She walks up the stairs and goes into my room and places me on my bed.

She tucks me in and kisses my forehead. Then she sings my favorite Lullaby.

Hush, little baby don't say a word Mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird
And if that mocking bird don't sing Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring
And if that diamond ring is brass Mama's gonna buy you a looking glass
And if that looking glass gets broke Mama's gonna buy you a billy goat

And if that billy goat don't pull Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull......

I gasp and jolt awake in my bed in the middle of the night crying.

That was one of the last times my mom was alive.

I was still too young to get what was going on until I got older.

I was only 5 when it all started (the arguments) and when I was 7 was when she died.

When I got home last night he gave me another beating.

He used the belt this time.

My whole back burns every time I move. Even though my body screams to lay back down to sleep I get up and walk to my bathroom.

I close the door and turn the light on and grab my first aid kit from under my sink.

I got out the healing ointment and try to spread it on my back as well as I can.

It burns slightly but I know if I don't put it on it will get infected. I know from experience.

I put the stuff back and go lay down on my stomach slowly not to hurt my back even more.

As I think about all of the happy memories I have with my mom I drift off to sleep.

~Time skip~