~Chapter 13~✓

~Adalyn's POV~

I snuggle deeper into my pillow trying to consume all of the warmth that I can.

I start to come aware of everything around me as I start to feel a hand rubbing up and down my back.

I gasp and sit up startled looking around.

As I look around I notice that I'm probably in the living room.

There's a ginormous flat-screen TV on the wall in front of the huge black couch that looks very comfortable with a few black throw pillows.

In the middle of the room, there is a white fluffy rug and a black coffee table.

I flinch back feeling a hand touch my back.

I look behind me to see Lorenzo looking at me concerned while sitting up on the couch.

"It's ok. You're ok." He said while scooching towards me.

I lean back still nervous and skittish about what happened.

He slowly brings a hand towards my face looking into my eyes making sure I'm ok.

Once he makes contact he smiles softly.

"Wh-what h-happened?" I ask I don't remember much after I told him everything.

Shiz whiz!

I told him everything.

Well, almost everything.

He's going to hate me now and say that I'm weak.

"You fell asleep after you told me what happened." He said while pulling me towards him.

I squeal and land on the couch next to him.

He pulls me against him so my head is on his shoulder and I'm on my side with my legs bent.

He lightly rubs his hand up and down my back.

Where's his mom?

I look up at him about to ask him the question to see him staring at his phone.

Deciding not to bother him I look towards my hand to see that I still have a hair thing on my wrist so I start playing with it.

"What's wrong?" He said while putting his phone on the couch next to him.

I look up at him.

"Wh-where um... Wh-where is y-your m-mom." I ask quietly then look down at my hands again.

"She's still here I think. She's probably around here somewhere or in the kitchen." He said with a small smile.

I nod my head softly.

"Are you hungry?" He asks while messing with my hair softly.

I shake my head no but my stomach goes against me and rumbles very loudly.

I blush and start to mess with my hair thing.

"Come on let's get you some food." He said while chuckling.

I look up at him amazed by that sound that just came out of his mouth.

He sits up which causes me to sit up.

He puts his hand out for me which I take it nervously and he guides me to the kitchen I think.

Once we enter I see that same woman that helped with my injuries standing in front of the stove softly humming a song.

Lorenzo clears his throat which causes her to turn around with a shocked face and looks at the both of us with wide eyes.

I move behind Lorenzo slightly nervous she will be mean but she comes up to me and gives me a bone-crushing hug.