chapter 2 Rough morning

Weiss woke up next morning with a smile on her face, having rested peacefully last night. Her smile only got bigger once she remembered what had happened yesterday. Today would be her first day as the leader of team RWBY, allowing to finally show her skills properly. The heiress hummed happily as she skipped to the dorm's bathroom to take a quick shower, before she would get ready for the day's classes.

However, once she got out of the bathroom, Weiss noticed something was strange in their dorm. After thinking about it for a moment, she realized what it was. The room was unusually quiet. Normally, Ruby would be running around, waking up everybody with her whistle and going non-stop about the day that was ahead of them. But instead of the usual noise that was caused by the redhead, there was almost complete silence over the room that was only broken by the sound of Yang's snoring.

After noticing the lack of noise caused by her partner, the heiress decided to check the younger girl's bed to see if she was still asleep. Upon climbing up to the top bunk, Weiss found no redheaded girl sleeping there. The white-haired girl looked at the other pair of beds and saw that both Blake and Yang were still in the room, although still asleep.

"Honestly, where is that dolt?" Weiss mumbled in a frustrated tone. "Our classes are about to start and she decides to go and disappear! I swear, she has no idea on how to behave maturely!"

Despite her complaints, the absence of Ruby still bothered the heiress greatly, as this was unusual for the scythe-wielder. Since Weiss didn't have any ideas on how to find her partner, she decided to ask for advice from Yang. After all, who would know about Ruby's behavior better than her own sister?

Unfortunately, the fencer would have to face the challenge of waking up the snoring blonde, which was easier said than done. Not to mention, Weiss would also find out just how dangerous it could also be.

"Yang. Wake up, Yang!" the white-haired girl called out to her sleeping teammate, as she shook her a bit.

"Mmmm... Five more minutes," Yang mumbled sleepily and turned her back towards Weiss, not intending to get up anytime soon.

"Yang, I'm serious! I need you to-!" Weiss called out again to the blonde, but she did the terrible mistake of accidentally pulling Yang's hair a bit.

"HANDS OFF THE LOCKS!" the brawler yelled out upon feeling someone lay their hands on her precious hair, causing her to instinctively punch whoever dared to attempt harming it. Her fist hit Weiss right in the face, sending her falling to the floor. "...Weiss?"

"Ow... Who did you think I was!?" the fencer asked angrily while rubbing the spot that got hit. "Seriously, why did you have to hit me!?"

"Hey, you can only blame yourself for that," Yang said without even a hint of regret in her voice. "You should know by now that I don't like having my hair get damaged. Why would you harm it when I was asleep?"

"I wasn't going to harm your hair!" Weiss yelled. "I was only trying to wake you up!"

"Could somebody explain why there's so much noise?" Blake asked in a grumpy tone, having been woken up by her two teammates arguing. "I was trying to sleep, when you two decided to start making noise."

"You can blame Weiss for that. This is all her fault," Yang quickly said. "If she hadn't started threatening my hair, none of this would have happened."

"It wasn't my-!" Weiss began to angrily argue, but stopped herself. They wouldn't get anywhere by starting to bicker now. "Never mind. I wanted to ask you something, Yang. Do you have any idea where Ruby might be? I woke up not too long ago, but I can't find her anywhere."

This got the blonde's attention. If there was one thing she cared about more than her hair, it was her precious little sister.

"Rubes is not here?" Yang asked and looked around a bit, not seeing even a glimpse of the redhead anywhere. "This makes no sense. Even if she's the first one of us to get up, I would have never thought that she would just disappear like this."