chapter 3 study session

After a rather rough morning, the rest of team RWBY's day managed to go without much bigger problems. Classes proceeded smoothly and the four girls managed to get a good amount of studying done. There was still the bad aftertaste of what had happened earlier that still bothered the three older girls of the team, but the trio still managed to keep themselves composed through the day.

However, after classes were over, Weiss felt like it was time for her to show how her skills as a leader to the rest of her team. And the heiress had a plan on how to do it.

"Hey, you three. I want us all to gather in the library later," Weiss said to her teammates. "I think it's time we had ourselves a good study session."

Blake and Yang looked at each other in confusion, while Ruby remained perfectly neutral. The two older girls wondered why they suddenly needed a study session.

"Is that necessary?" Blake asked. "We don't have any exams coming up or anything, so do we really need to go to the library for any extra studies?"

"Yeah! Besides, we had a rough day!" Yang said, agreeing with her partner. "Wouldn't it be enough for us to simply do our homework for the day and then relax for the rest of the remaining time we have?"

"Studying is always good for you, which is why I want us to do it as much as possible and improve ourselves!" Weiss declared proudly. "I intend to make our team one of the best ones in the whole school, which requires me to get you three working as well!"

"We understand that studying is helpful and everything, but we need to do more than studying as well!" the cat faunus argued.

"Exactly! Life's about much more than test scores and grades!" the blonde added. "Not to mention, when Rubes was team leader, we only had study sessions every now and then! Not at the end of every day!"

"Well, I am the leader of the team now, so I have decided to change things!" the heiress declared. "And I don't see why any of you should be so worried. With my guidance, I'm certain that you all will not only improve greatly, but that it will go without any trouble!"

Seeing as how their new team leader wasn't going to listen to them, Blake and Yang turned their attention towards Ruby, hoping that their former leader could help persuade Weiss.

"Don't look at me. I'm more surprised that she didn't make this declaration sooner," Ruby said in a completely neutral tone. "I've been her partner all this time, so I was pretty much convinced this would happen sooner or later. It isn't even all that different from how things used to be between me and her, as she often dragged me off to a study session at the end of a day."

"Rubes, are you serious?" Yang asked with wide eyes. "Are you telling me that after every day of school, Weiss would drag you along to the library for a study session?"

"Pretty much, yeah," the scythe-wielder answered. "Why are you guys so surprised? Didn't you ever notice it?"

Both Yang and Blake shared a concerned look with each other, worried over what was going to happen, before turning their attention back to Weiss, who had a smug smile on her face.

"And now that I am the new team leader, I think it's appropriate to extend this little tradition between Ruby and I to the rest of our team," the heiress said happily. "In fact, it's a direct order from your team leader, so I hope you ALL will be following it."

Yang and Blake couldn't help but frown a bit. It started to feel like things had been better when Ruby was the team leader.

Some time later, most of team RWBY was sitting at a large table in the library. The one person who was missing was Weiss, who had gone to collect the necessary material for their study session, while the other three members waited.