chapter 9 Epilogue

It had been about a week since Weiss had managed to convince Ruby to take back the position of team RWBY's leader and things had returned to normal. With the team's original leader now back in place, there were no more fights between the team's members and they were working a lot better together again. Both Blake and Yang had been very happy to hear that Ruby was going to be their leader once again, as they felt the younger girl was honestly the best person for the job.

However, even if her teammates were happy, Ruby herself wasn't. She was once again carrying the burden of being a team leader along with all of her other problems. Some of the other students had even started making rumors about how the scythe-wielder had become team leader again. Some said that she had threatened Weiss, while others claimed that she had bribed Ozpin into letting her be a team leader again. Whatever nasty rumors were going on about her, Ruby didn't care. She had become too used to hearing such things being said about her that she simply couldn't get worked up about them anymore.

Right now, the young team leader was heading towards her team's dorm on her own. She didn't know where her teammates were, but she assumed that they must have gone to Vale without their youngest teammate once again. If Ruby were to guess, Yang probably found a new club again and wanted to show it to her more "mature" teammates.

Despite disliking being left behind like this, the redhead couldn't get worked up about it. Much like a lot of other things she had to deal with, she had gotten used to it, even if it was painful. Not to mention, Ruby knew she was already greatly disliked by a lot of the other students in the school, so she would rather avoid getting on the bad side of her own team as well.

As she was walking, Ruby suddenly noticed a familiar person ahead. It was Jaune, who seemed to be looking for something or someone. Knowing that her fellow team leader quite often needed help, the redhead decided to walk up to the blonde boy and see what was going on with him.

"Hi Jaune," Ruby greeted the blonde knight. "Did you lose something? You look like you're searching for something."

"Well, it's not exactly like that," Jaune answered. "I'm just looking for my teammates. After the classes ended, I lost sight of them and haven't seen them anywhere. Have you seen any of my teammates?"

"I'm afraid I haven't. In fact, I haven't even seen my teammates for some time now either," the scythe-wielder explained. "I'm pretty sure that Pyrrha and the others are here somewhere. You just need to go someplace where they can often be found."

"That's kind of the problem, actually. I've already looked around all the places I could think of and haven't found anything. I've even tried calling them on their Scrolls, but they're not answering," the blonde boy said. "And to make things even more strange, the only people I've seen are team leaders, like us. It's almost like every student here that wasn't the leader of a team suddenly disappeared."

"That is strange..." Ruby said thoughtfully, wondering what could have caused such a thing to happen. "I can somewhat understand not seeing my teammates around, but not seeing the teammates of any other leader? Now that I cannot explain at all."

"Do you think we should look for one of the professors? Maybe they know what's going on."

"I'm not sure. While this is certainly odd, I don't think we should be getting worried yet. I'm sure that if we wait in our dorms, our teammates will most likely return soon."

"I guess you're right. I'm still going to look around a bit, though. Maybe I can find them somewhere."

"Alright. Good luck on your search."

The two team leaders went their separate paths with Ruby heading to her team's dorm, while Jaune went to look around for his missing team. The blonde boy decided to head towards the library, thinking that he might find one of his teammates there this time.