Chapter 4: Team Activity

It had been a couple of days since team RWBY's study session under Weiss. After that, Yang and Blake had been doing their best to avoid their new team leader, hoping to not get pulled into another one of the heiress' hellish study sessions. Weiss obviously tried her best to get her two teammates to join, but was unable to do so. It was clear that the two girls would do practically anything to not spend time with the white-haired girl in the library.

Strangely enough, this all worked out well for Ruby as well. Since her partner was too busy chasing their two teammates, the redhead was left completely alone by Weiss, allowing her to not only spend her free time the way she wanted, but to also study at her own pace, too. To say the least, Ruby was quite happy with how things were turning out. Not only did she not have to worry about all the things that came along with being a team leader, but she also got herself some much needed peace from her partner. In short, things were looking good for the scythe-wielder.

However, once Friday came along, things took a bit of a change for the members of team RWBY. At one point, they had come to an agreement that the Friday afternoon would be spent together as a "team day," which meant that one of the four girls needed to come up with an activity that they all could take part in. This was usually done in one of two ways. Either each member gave a suggestion that they would decide upon or Ruby had to come up with something. The reason the redhead was tasked with the duty of making the final decision was because her three teammates had very different tastes, which meant that she often had to make sure they were all happy with what they ended up doing. But now that Ruby was no longer the team leader, she hadn't even thought about what kind of activity they would do for the day.

Ruby had been reading one her books while laying on her bed, when her sister had suddenly walked up to her with an excited glint in her eyes.

"Hey, Rubes, what are we going to do today?" Yang asked her sister with a slight hint of anticipation in her voice. "I'm really looking forward to what you've got planned for this week's Team Day! Are we going to the movies? Or the arcade? I even heard that there was a great carnival in the city today!"

Ruby looked around and saw Blake staring at her as well, clearly waiting for her answer. The former team leader had not expected to be put on the spot like that, as she no longer had the same duties she used to have. She had honestly not even thought about the whole "Team Day" that they were supposed to have that day, so she was honestly at a loss.

"Sorry, Yang, but I haven't got anything for us to do," Ruby answered with a sad sigh, hating the fact that she had to disappoint her older sister like this. "Ever since I stopped being team leader, I haven't considered the things I used to do even a bit. I honestly have no ideas for today's Team Day."

"Oh... That's a shame," Yang said in slight disappointment. "But don't let it bother you, Rubes! We can find other ways to amuse ourselves! Heck, if nothing else, we can always stay here and play video games or watch movies!"

"That doesn't sound too bad to me," Blake said with a small smile. "It could be a nice change of pace to do something much calmer for once. No need to go out to the city every time."

Seeing as how even her partner was up for her idea, Yang was about to go and get the games ready, when the fourth member of their team suddenly cleared her throat rather loudly, getting everyone's attention. The three girls turned to look at Weiss, who was sitting on her bed with a confident smile on her face.

"Actually, since I have been made our team's leader, I decided to prepare for this day," the heiress said. "I have an idea on how we could spend our Team Day and I'm certain that you will all enjoy it."