Chapter 2

School went by fast. Faster than I thought it was going to be. I found out that Chase and I have 5 classes together. I had to make two of my other classes worth the while, so I made friends. Well, I at least tried.

First, through fifth period, I only hung out with Chase. Sixth period, Health, I tried making friends, but I failed. I failed with seventh period too.

After school, Chase and I walked home together. It was fun, laughing and seeing his smile.

"So, how was sixth and seventh period? You know, without me being there and stuff." Chase asked after we got done laughing.

I look down at the ground. "I-It was fine," I said, trying not to stutter. Man, I'm just failing at everything today!

"Sadie, I know when you're lying. I've known you your whole life. What's up?" He said, suddenly sounding upset, which made me upset.

"It was terrible! I can't be in a class without you." I said. As I said that, I didn't realize that I had started to hug Chase. I hugged his muscular body, and he hugged me back in return.

"I'll ask the counselor tomorrow morning if I could change schedules. Okay?" He told me, after whipping away my tears that had slipped.

"You would do that for me?"

"Of course, I would do anything for you!" Chase said while walking towards his house. Yeah, but will you say 'yes' if I were to ask you a relationship question? I see him turn around. "You comin'?" He asked me smiling, his sexy smile.

I rolled my eyes at him. He started to laugh, and I ran up to him and into his home.

I walked in to see Chase's mom about to leave the house to go to work. I haven't seen Chase's mom since my birthday.

It was also the last time I saw my dad. He dropped me off at my mom's for the night. My parents are divorced, they've been divorced since I was three.

Anyways, I was turning 9. I remember my birthday party.

I hear a knock on the door. I only invited one person. I open the door and there he was. Chase. Just standing there, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him.

"No! No, not at all. It's just that..." He paused.

"What?" I asked, scared of what he was going to say next.

"It's just that, you look so beautiful, Princess Sadie." He said, bowing.

I curtsied in return. "Why, thank you, Prince Chase."

We both laughed. After we were done, I invited him in. He looked around the house. Then, looked at me. He started smiling, his sexy smile.

"Can I call you Jade?" He asked.

"Why?"

"Because you look like a Jade!"

"Sure!" I said smiling. "Call me whatever you want!"

"Okay."

Then, the home phone rang. My mom answered it. Chase and I went up to her. We saw her eyes filled with tears.