Chapter 16

When we got to Brandon's, I walked over to the couch. I put my head in my hands. Brandon walked over and sat down next to me.

"Why did you lie to me?" Brandon asked me.

I looked up at him. There was hurt in his eyes, and tears of course. "I'm sorry, Brandon. I went over to talk to his mom, about how my mom has been in jail for the past 3 months, I'm living with a teacher that got fired today for punching a student in the nose, that I'm pregnant and that I wanted to tell Chase myself about it, and how you are the father of the baby in my stomach." I said while crying.

Brandon looked at me. I continued talking cause there was more. "Once I told Chase I was pregnant, he kept saying that he was the father. I told him you were the father and that he couldn't change anything. That's when he took me to his room before I left his house."

I turned towards Brandon. "He wanted me to have his kid, Brandon. I'm just glad you got there in time before... Before he actually did something." I said with tears streaming down my face.

Brandon hugged me and I cried into his chest. "I can't be his friend, Brandon! I can't!" I said and cried all night until, eventually, I fell asleep on Brandon's chest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I was still asleep on Brandon. He was still sleeping, he sleeps in a lot. I got up and made pancakes, enough for Brandon and I.

About 30 minutes later, Brandon woke up and came behind me. He hugged me from behind and sighed. I leaned my head back and sighed with him.

"I'm sorry about yesterday," I said.

Brandon threw his hand, meaning it was okay. "It's in the past." He said and kissed my cheek. He started to kiss me everywhere now.

I was getting distracted. I turned around and looked into Brandon's eyes and he looked into mine. He leaned in closer to me and kissed my lips. I wasn't shocked. It felt amazing. I started to kiss him back. Then it turned into a make-out session.

A few minutes later, we were done and the pancakes were burnt. Whoops! We got ready for school and left the house.

When we got there, I saw Chase. He was smoking a cigarette. He was on the bleachers by the football field, alone.

"I'll meet you inside," I told Brandon.

"Sadie, I-" Brandon started to say until I interrupted him.

"Hey, it's okay. I'll be alright." I said and kissed his lips and walked over to Chase.

I was wondering what I would say to him. Why was he smoking? Was it about what happened last night? I was now sitting by him on the bleachers. It was quiet for awhile.

"Why?" I asked. I didn't know what to say.

"Why what?" Chase asked.

I took the cigarette out of his hand. "Why are you smoking? Why were you mad last night? Why did you do what you did to me last night, Chase? Somethings different about you and I want to know what it is!" I said. It finally came out of my thoughts and out through my mouth.

He looked over at me. "I'm smoking because I'm upset, okay? I was mad because.. You're not pregnant with one of my kids. I-I've always wanted to be a dad, Sadie.. and you of all people knew that. I wanted you to have one of my kids."

He turned away from me and looked forward. "Remember when we were little? You would always want to play family and I would be your dad. I would protect you, I would care for you, I would do anything for you. Then one day, after we were done playing, I told you 'I want to be a dad someday and I want you to be their mom'." He turned to face me again. I looked at him, my eyes were filled with tears.

"Chase, I'm sorry that your dream didn't come true but, that doesn't mean you force me to have your kids! I would have sex with you if I wanted to have your kids. But I didn't and I'm sorry for that! I-I do want to have your kids Chase, I really do, just not when I'm dating someone else." I said. I did want to have his kids, just not when I'm pregnant with someone else's child! I threw his cigarette and I held out my hand. "Come on. Come inside. You're better than this, Chase! I know you are, you know you are." He grabbed my hand and we started to walk to the front of the school.

School went by fast and Brandon walked me to all of my classes. We walked by Chase a few times. He didn't say anything because Brandon was glaring at him every time. In the last period of the day, me and Chase past notes back and forth to each other. Brandon tried looking over at what we were talking about. When I got the note back from Chase, I read it over again.

Are you okay?

Sort of.

Why sort of?

Because Sadie. I just really want to punch your boyfriend in the face!

I'm sorry, Chase! For the last time, I'm sorry!

I know you're sorry, Sadie! I just have one question.

Okay, what is it?

Are you and Brandon keeping the baby?

That's when I paused. I looked over at Chase. He was looking at me, he was looking into my eyes.

I ripped out a sheet of paper and wrote 'Are we keeping the baby?' And I handed it to Brandon who was sitting right next to me. He handed it back to me and there was one word on it. My eyes filled with tears.

Chase saw me and looked at the paper. His jaw dropped.