Chapter 20

I was in the hospital now. All I could feel was the pain. I kept screaming. I couldn't stop. It hurts so bad!

"AHH!" I scream.

"It's okay, Sadie. Keep pushing." I heard someone say.

I was squeezing Brandon's hand the whole time. It felt like I was dying. It hurt so bad. There was sweat all over my face.

A few minutes later, we were done. I was exhaling breaths. I let go of Brandon's hand and he looked at it. It was as red as a tomato.

They wrapped my baby in a pink towel and handed her to me. She was beautiful. She had Brandon's eyes and had my nose.

I let Brandon see her. He had tears in his eyes and he looked at me. "She looks just like you!" Brandon said.

I then started crying. "Hi, baby girl! It's your mom and dad!" I said to her. In my mind, I somehow knew that she was the person that I have been looking for my entire life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got to go home the next week with the baby. When we got back to Brandon's place, his parents came running up to us and gave us each a hug.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay, Sadie?" Brandon's mother said.

"I'm fine," I said.

I handed Brandon's mom, my baby. She protected the baby with her life. "She's so beautiful! She has your eyes!" She said and looked at Brandon. He smiled and his eyes started to well up with tears again.

I pulled out my phone and texted Mr. Young.

I had the baby an hour ago.

I put my phone away. I felt bad lying to him, but I had too.

"Can you excuse us, mom?" Brandon asked his mom.

"Sure." She said still looking at the baby.

Brandon grabbed my hand and lead me to his room.

"What?" I asked turning around to face him.

He looked into my eyes and kissed my lips. I kissed him back. It was filled with passion. He backed away and put his forehead on mine.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"I don't know," Brandon said and kissed me again.

We sat on his bed and relaxed. I leaned back and laid down. Brandon laid down next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I turned towards him and laid on his chest. I could hear his heart beating at a normal pace. I was glad that he wasn't worried about anything. Brandon grabbed my hand and held it with his. His hand was warm. It felt like the sun. It felt nice.

"I love you, Sadie," Brandon whispered in my ear.

"I love you too, Brandon," I whispered back.

I kept his hand on mine, and fixed myself to get comfortable and kept my head on his chest. I closed my eyes and relaxed them. "Goodnight," I said.

"Goodnight," Brandon said.

Brandon fell asleep before I did, but I fell asleep a little bit after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, I woke up to two babies crying. This is gonna be hard with my brother in the house as well. I have to take care of both my child and my brother.

I got out of bed and I heard less crying. I heard Josh cry. Where was my baby's cry? I looked back at Brandon and he wasn't there. I walked out into the living room and I saw Brandon feeding our baby on the couch. He gave her a bottle of milk. He had it in her mouth and she was drinking it.

I walked up behind Brandon and put my hands on his shoulders. I leaned down next to him and kissed his cheek. I walked over and sat next to him.

"I think I'm getting used to this," Brandon said.

I chuckled. "It's only been one morning, Brandon. You have a lot more coming." I said.

"And it's all worth it," Brandon said and kissed my lips. He backed away and looked down at the baby.

I looked at her then at Brandon. "What are we gonna name her?"

"Alexis," Brandon said and Alexis looked up at him.

"I think she likes that name," I said with a chuckle.

"Yeah.." Brandon said back.

We both took turns feeding her. I wasn't comfortable with breastfeeding yet, especially since I'm still in high school. When Alexis was done with her bottle, I put her in her crib and she was asleep in the next 10 minutes.

"I'm glad we took turns. I got some of your guys' bills done. I got some laundry done. I got your room cleaned and there's space in there for Alexis and Josh." I said. "I know I'm not your mom, but I really want to help you, Brandon."

"Thank you for all of that, but I think you should've let my family pay the bills... Not you. You don't need to lose any money because of me." Brandon said.

"Yes, I do!" I said and grabbed Brandon's hands. "We are in this together, Brandon."

Brandon let out a breath. "Okay." He said and smiled.

"Okay," I said and hugged him. When we were done hugging, we put on a movie.

I looked over at Josh and he was a 6-month-old baby. He was crawling around the whole house. Brandon must have woken up early this morning because he was asleep when I looked at him. He was holding my hand and... He was just my new family.

When I was about to fall asleep, someone knocked on the front door. I let go of Brandon's hand and went to open the door.

I opened it and saw my friend, Chase.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper/yell to Chase.

"I came to see how you were. You weren't at school for 2 days." He said with worry in his eyes.

"I'm fine. I just had my baby yesterday-"

"You had your baby yesterday!?" Chase whispered to me.

"Yeah. Her name is Alexis. I'm pretty sure you don't want to come inside, Brandon's on the couch." I told him.

"Oh.. Could you send me a picture of her?" Chase asked.

"Sure. I have to get back. I'm buying clothes for her. I'll see you later, Chase." I said.

"Okay. Bye, Sadie." Chase said.

"Bye," I said and closed the front door.