Chapter 32

The next morning, I woke up to a happy baby Josh.

"Mama!" He squealed and put his arms up in the air.

I walked over to him and picked him up. "Good morning, Josh," I said. I held him in my arms and he just poked my face. "Don't touch my face!" I told him, playfully.

He laughed and I laughed with him.

I felt someone grab my waist and pull me towards them. My back hit against a hard and strong body. Then I felt them kiss my neck up to my lips. When we stopped kissing, I looked into the deep brown eyes of my future husband, Brandon. "Good morning, my beautiful girlfriend!" He said kissing my cheek and rubbing my head, messing up my perfect hair.

"Good morning, my.. Handsome boyfriend," I said. "Also the daddy of my baby," I whispered.

He chuckled and walked away going to his room.

I saw Alexis, she was sleeping in her crib. She was peaceful and calm.

I looked at Josh. "You wanna give the dog flowers?" I asked Josh, who was still in my arms.

"Yes!" Josh said with a lisp.

I laughed and went into the kitchen with Josh. I grabbed a bouquet of flowers and gave one flower to Josh. We walked outside and put fresh flowers in front of Zeus's grave. Josh walked up to his grave and put his own flower on top of Zeus's grave.

We walked back inside the house and I closed the back door behind me. When I turned around, I saw Brandon with a cup of coffee in his hands and him leaning against the counter with his shirt off, showing his 6-pack.

I smiled and told Josh to go wake up Alexis. At that, he ran into where Alexis was and started yelling.

I walked up to Brandon and gave him a hug. He hugged me back and rubbed my back. "I miss him so much," I said.

"I know. Everybody does." Brandon said in reply.

I exhaled and listened to Josh yelling in the living room.

I walked into the living room and yelled, "Josh! I meant quietly!"

He stopped yelling and smiled at me. I smiled and laughed.

I walked over to Alexis who was wide awake. She had her thumb in her mouth and looked at me. I picked her up from her crib and walked her over to Brandon.

"Hello, my baby girl!" Brandon said putting his coffee down on the counter and holding out his hands. I gave Alexis to him and he played with her, making her laugh like she was watching a comedy show.

Josh tugged on my shirt and put his arms up, telling me to pick him up. I did what he wanted. I picked him up and he grabbed Alexis's hand and held it.

I looked at Brandon and he held my hand. "You made a wonderful family, Sadie." He said smiling.

"No.. We made a wonderful family, Brandon. You are the father of both of these wonderful children. They will never regret having you as their dad." I said.

Brandon squeezed my hand and smiled. He brought me closer to him and he hugged me. "I love you," He whispered and kissed my head.

"I love you too," I whispered back.

I'm never letting go of this wonderful family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 WEEKS LATER

Everything has been... Normal.

Chase still lives with us at Brandon's house during the night. Josh has been walking and running all throughout the house, Alexis has tried to say her first word but only gets 'Gag' out of her mouth. Brandon has been going to the store to by some clothes for Josh and Alexis,  Brandon sold all of Josh's baby clothes and got $150. I've been looking for a job, but then decline them.

When Chase stays, he doesn't check up on me, now that I know what he and Brandon are doing. He lays on the floor in Brandon's room while Brandon and I sleep in his bed. I know Chase feels weird sleeping on the floor, but we don't have another bed. We still don't even know how long he's staying.

Josh has been waking up at 4:45, every morning! Josh would climb up on the couch and sit there, looking at the TV screen. Brandon turned the TV on one day and it was on the History Channel. Josh yelled at him and Brandon changed it to Disney Channel. Josh was fine after that. He's turning into a little me!

I'm looking for a job every day. After I finish the application, I always regret doing it. I mean, I know Chase is staying home anyways watching the kids, but I'm not comfortable not being around my kids. I mean, what if something happened to them? What if someone stole my kids while I was gone? Brandon stays home to babysit but, he leaves sometimes with the other kids and leaves Chase with Josh and Alexis.

I'm gonna get over my fear and work at my favorite store, Aeropostale. What? It was close to the house!

I know I'm scared to leave my kids at home since I've always stayed at home, but we need money and with Brandon being the only one working, we aren't gonna get a lot of money. So, now it's my turn to step up and help out this family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't do it. I can't leave this family.

I hate life.

I want to help my family, but I can't.

I need to stay with my kids. They need their mom. I can't leave and hope for the best when all I ever do, is think of the worst.

I'm sorry.

But I can't do it...