Chapter 27

When I got back to Brandon's house, I locked his car and walked into the house like it was my own.

When I walked inside, I saw Brandon sitting on the couch... Asleep.

I walked over to him and sat down next to him. I turned on the TV until I heard Alexis cry. I got up from the couch and went over to her. I picked her up and walked into Brandon's room. I got the baby powder and a clean diaper. I walked back out into the living room, but I didn't see Brandon on the couch. I figured he was in the bathroom or went out for a walk. I walked over to the couch and put Alexis down and changed her diaper. When I was done, she stopped crying. She was looking at me.

"Hi!" I said with a smile. Alexis smiled back at me. I grabbed her hands and played around with her. She laughed a little later. I gasped and she kept on laughing. I laughed a little too loud and she laughed louder. I put my finger up to my lips and shushed myself. She did the same. I laughed and picked her up. I walked her to her crib and put her inside it. She waved to me and I waved back.

She looked over next to me. I turned my head and saw Brandon waving at Alexis. I looked back at Alexis and she was waving back.

I walked into the kitchen and saw the breakfast from this morning still sitting on the counter. I turned around and looked at Brandon who was still with Alexis.

"Really? You don't bother to clean up?" I asked, sounding a bit upset.

Brandon walked over to me. "I'm sorry. You weren't the one who had to deal with two kids and an upset girlfriend who went to God knows where!" Brandon said, waving his hands in the air.

"I'm sorry, Brandon. I went to the school and sat on the football field. I was thinking about what happened... I knew you didn't mean it and was probably messing around with me." I lied. I couldn't tell him about Chase being there with me. He would flip out.

Brandon walked up to me and grabbed my hands. "I'm sorry that I called you a big baby, Sadie. And, yeah, I was messing around with you. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings." He said.

"It's okay. I forgive you." I said. I turned around and picked up the mess that was still on the counter.

"I'm sorry for that too." He said.

I turned around and rolled my eyes. "Brandon, It's okay," I said chuckling.

When I put the dishes in the sink, my phone buzzed. Brandon heard it and looked up at me.

I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at it.

Hey! How did it go with Brandon? Did he apologize? I'm glad you decided to go home again. It was fun to 'hang out' with you today. Hope we can do it again sometime. -Chase

"Who was that?" Brandon asked.

I looked up at him. "Oh.. It was just my friend," I said. Who should I say it is?

"Oh. Do I know this friend?"

"Yes," I said not paying attention. Dang, it! I blew it this time. Crap! I have to tell him now.

"Who is it?" He asked, sitting on the counter.

I looked into his eyes. "It's Chase. I told him what happened and he told me everything was going to be okay." I said. I was scared that he was going to walk out the front door.

"He already knew what happened," Brandon said getting off of the counter and walking over to the couch. He sat down and turned on the TV.

"What?" I asked. It sounded like he was surprised when I told him about it.

"Yeah. I told him about it when you left. I asked him if he could talk to you. To see if you were okay." He said.

I sat down next to him on the couch. Should I tell him what Chase did? Or keep it to myself?

"Brandon?" I said, looking into his eyes. I was gonna tell him.

"Yeah?" He asked, looking back into my eyes.

I'm going to tell him. "I love you so much," I said. Dang, it! I backed down. I can't tell him. He would kill Chase. A tear traveled down my face.

He smiled and held my hand. "I love you too, Sadie."

He leaned in and kissed me. I forgot what it felt like to kiss Brandon. It's been awhile since we've kissed.

A few minutes later, we stopped our make-out scene and watching a Disney movie with Josh. We couldn't decide what to watch so we just chose one that Josh liked, The Jungle Book. We all sang the songs. Josh tried to sing, but couldn't so he just clapped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With Josh's 2nd birthday coming up, everything has been a hassle. A few days ago, I got a text from my mom saying:

I know Josh's birthday is coming up, Don't know how old he's turning though. Do you know what he likes? Or think he likes? I was wondering if it would be okay if I came over to see him? I haven't seen him for God knows how long. Hope to see you guys soon! Lots of love! -Mom

I haven't responded to her yet. I don't know if I want her there or not. Yeah, I know she's changed, but Brandon's parents are gonna be here and they don't know that my mom is out of prison and that she's changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Present Day

I woke up the next morning and saw Brandon laying in his bed. I decided to sleep on the floor in the middle of the night since I got pushed off of the bed... Again. I don't know what's going on with Brandon, but I need to find out before Josh's birthday.

That night before Brandon and I went to bed, I set up a camera hidden in Brandon's room. After I put it in, I looked at the clock. It read 10:15 pm. I told Brandon that we were gonna sleep in his bed tonight. He didn't disagree with me. I slept on his bed and he didn't push me off.

The next morning, I was on the floor. Brandon was still asleep, so I got the camera and watched the tape. I grabbed it and walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

I found the recording and watched it.

Brandon and I are sleeping. Nothing's making any noise.. Until Brandon starts to move around. He's trying to get comfortable. The next thing I know, I get pushed off of the bed and Brandon gets up and walks over to me. His eyes open, but he's sleepwalking. He tilts his head and just stares at me. I'm still laying on the floor asleep. He gets up and walks out of the room. About an hour later, he comes back and goes back into the bed, but spreads his whole body over it. A few minutes later, that's when I grabbed the camera.

"That's it?" I say whispering. I go back through it. When Brandon stands up, I can see something in his eyes. "What the hell?" I whisper, trying not to wake anyone. I zoom in and I see that Brandon's eyes have turned green, just like Chase's eye color.