Chapter 26

It's been 4 weeks, Josh is starting to hold onto things and stand, I got a job as a babysitter with Brandon, Brandon's parents let us do the babysitting at their place, so it's a lot easier for me to keep an eye on Josh and Alexis. I was glad that I had somewhere to actually do the babysitting or else I would have had to do it at my mom's place.

I haven't been at her place for awhile. I kind of felt bad, my mom has been wanting Josh, Brandon, and me to go and see her for the past few weeks. She never even got to really see Josh, but that wasn't my fault. (Not to sound selfish or anything.)

Chase hasn't been texting me since, the day after the last day of school. I kind of felt bad for him too, but he's probably moved on. I would be surprised if he did. I would be kind of upset about it too. I love Brandon... But, I love Chase too. I love Chase a lot less than Brandon, but still. I haven't told Brandon yet, and I'm not planning on telling him anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to me on the floor. I could've sworn I was laying on top of Brandon last night before we went to bed.

I looked up at the couch. Brandon was laying on his side. Of course, I fell off the couch. I got to my feet and grabbed a pillow from the couch. I then hit Brandon with it. He shot up and rubbed his face.

"What the hell!?" Brandon yelled.

"I woke up on the floor. You pushed me off the couch, idiot!" I said back putting the pillow back where it was.

Brandon sat up and was still rubbing his face. "Why'd you hit me though, babe?" He said.

"I wanted you to feel my pain," I said back to him while walking into the kitchen. I got out cereal and milk and a bowl for me. Brandon just made a shake and he gave Josh some cereal in his crib.

"I'm sorry that you fell off the couch, Sadie." I heard Brandon say.

I looked behind me to see him sitting on the counter looking at me. I got on the counter and sat next to him. I put my hand in his and entwined our fingers together. "My shoulder just hurts... Really bad!" I said angrily.

Brandon laughed. He held my hand. "I'm sorry, big baby!" He said sarcastically and smiled.

I turned towards him and glared at him. I got off the counter and walked outside to his car. I heard him call my name but I ignored it. I got in the car and started the engine. I drove out of the driveway. 

He started to run towards the car until I sped up and was already halfway down the street. I didn't know where I was going. I didn't have anywhere to go.

Now, I know I may have over exaggerated a little bit, but if I didn't get out of the house. Someone was gonna get a black eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at our high school. I got out of the car and walked over to the football field. I got to the top of the bleachers and sat down. I didn't feel like talking to Brandon, so I texted Chase to come and hang out. He said 'yes' and I sat there waiting.

About 10 minutes later, I heard a car pull up. I turned around to see Chase's car. I smiled and got down from the bleachers. I walked over to his car. He got out and I ran up to him with a smile on my face and hugged him. He was shocked at first, but then hugged me back.

"I'm so glad you came!" I said, whispering in his ear.

"Me too." He said, whispering in my ear. "By the way, why did you want me to come? Aren't you supposed to be with Brandon today?" Chase asked, pulling away from our hug.

"Yeah. This morning I fell on the floor and hit my arm on the coffee table." I said as we walked over to the bleachers. "I told Brandon that he pushed me off of him and he just laughed. I told him that my arm hurts really bad and he called me a baby." I said as we sat down on the bleachers. "When I woke up, I hit him with a pillow," I said, chuckling, trying to make myself feel better.

"Where's Alexis?" Chase asked.

"She's with Brandon. I left her there so that he would have to deal with her and Josh." I said smiling. I looked out into the football field.

Chase grabbed my hand and held it. "Why are you so mad at him though?" He asked looking into my eyes.

I turned to look at him. "I'm mad because he called me a big baby and he didn't even care that I was hurt!" I said almost yelling. "I'm sorry that I snapped," I said.

"It's okay. He was probably trying to make you not think about it. Or he was trying to play around with you to make you feel better? I don't know. Most guys do that." Chase said looking out into the football field.

"Oh..." I said. I looked over at the schools front door. I felt a warm hand on top of mine. I looked over at my hand.

The hand was connected to a handsome boy named, Chase. I looked up into those beautiful green eyes of his, that I loved so much. They were filled with love and warmth. Those were the eyes that I missed so much.

"It's going to be okay. He'll come around sooner or later. I promise." Chase said, looking into my eyes.

A tear slipped out of my eyes. Chase whipped it away. We leaned forward towards each other. Our lips were inches apart from each other when my phone started buzzing. Chase heard it and he backed away with a sigh. I sighed and looked at my phone.

I need you to come home. I can't deal with Alexis and Josh at the same time, alone. Please? I'm sorry for calling you a big baby earlier. I miss you! Come home soon! -Brandon

"Who was that?" Chase asked.

I looked over at him with my mouth open. "Uh... I-It was Brandon." I said.

"What'd he say?" Chase asked looking over at me.

"He wants me to come home... And he... He apologized, for calling me a baby." I said shocked.

"You gonna go back?" Chase asked, with a sigh once he was done.

"I don't know. He said he needed help with the kids." I told him.

Chase got off of the bleachers and gave me his hand. "You should go."

I put my hand in his. "Okay."

We walked to the cars still holding hands. "Thanks," I said.

"For what?" Chase asked.

"For... Being here for me. For... Letting me tell you things that I'm having trouble with in life. And... For letting me know that you're always gonna be here for me no matter what happens." I said.

He turned to face me and put his hands on my hips. "Sadie, I'm always gonna be here for you. No matter where you are, or who you're with, you can talk to me about anything. I'm not gonna leave you. I promise." He said.

"You make a lot of promises," I said with a chuckle.

Chase laughed. "I only make them because I know that they'll come true."

I gave Chase a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you, for today," I said.

"You're welcome," Chase whispered into my ear.

I let go of his hands and walked over to Brandon's car. I got in and drove back to Brandon's house.