Chapter 3

Picture of Sadie's Dog, Zeus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we said bye to Chase's mom, we walked up to his room and started to text each other on our phones.

I know, we're weird like that.

Ever since Chase and I got phone's, we instantly gave each other our numbers.

In the summer, we would text each other all day, every day. We would hang out every day when our parents got home from work. We would do everything together.

We still do, just not that much because of school and everything. We help each other study and stuff, but not a lot because of my parents. They think I'm able to do everything on my own.

Three hours passed and I had to get home. I told Chase and he took me home. It took us half an hour to get to my house. Once we got there, I said bye to Chase and went inside.

I hate that I had to leave him at home by himself for the rest of the night, but I can't stay at his house because of my mom. She thinks that we're gonna do something when his mom isn't home. I keep telling her that Chase and I are just friends, but she doesn't trust me at all.

She hasn't trusted me ever since her and my dad got a divorce.

It's not my fault that you guys got a divorce. It was your idea.

I walked up to my room and heard my phone go off. I looked to see who it was.

It was Chase's mom.

Message: Hi Sadie! Just wondering if Chase dropped you off at home or not because he's not answering his phone. Would you do me a favor and try and call him. He might answer to you instead of me. Thanks! -Lenna

Why isn't Chase answering his phone?

I called Chase and he answered, but it sounded like he was crying. "Hello?"

"Hey! Your mom tried to call you. Are you okay?" I asked. I was scared because Chase never cries.

"Yeah, I know she did. I just got into an accident and I can't feel my leg. Everyone in the other car is dead, but I hear someone crying. Doesn't sound like an adult though. Sadie, I need your help." Chase said panting and crying in between words.

"Where are you?" I said grabbing my keys and heading out the door.

"I'm about 5 minutes from your house."

"Okay. I'm on my way."

"Sadie. Call an ambulance. Please!"

"Okay, I will."

I called an ambulance. I started crying for some reason.

Oh, that's right. He's my best friend, I'm allowed to cry over him.

"Hello, this is 911. What's your emergency?"

"Hello. My boyfriend got into a car accident and he can't feel his leg. He said he can hear someone crying in the other car."

Did I just call Chase my boyfriend?

"Okay. Mam', I need you to calm down." I did as she said and took deep breaths.

"Mam', I'm gonna need you to tell me your address." I did as she said. I got to where Chase was, as the lady told me that the police were on their way.

I bent down next to Chase and picked up his head. I was still crying and so was he.

"Sadie, who's in the other car?" He asked me.

I put his head down on the ground carefully because of the glass. I walk over to the other car. There was blood, everywhere. There were a mom and dad in the front, and 3 kids crying in the back seat.

There was, what looked like, a newborn and a 2-year-old and a 5-year-old. One girl and two boys. They were all crying. I was scared for them. I tried to calm them down. I got them out of the car and brought them over to where Chase was.

He opened his eyes and they widened.

"Looks like you heard three people crying." I laughed in between my cries.

The police showed up and took all of us to the hospital, even the kids just to make sure that they were okay.

I called Chase's mom and my mom. They were both on their way. I was standing next to Chase in his room. As he woke up, he looked at me and smiled.

"Hey." He whispered.

"Hey," I responded with a smile.

"Are the kids okay?"

"Yeah. They don't have parents now." I said looking towards the floor.

"Wait so, they..."

"Yeah..." I knew what he was talking about.

It was silent between us both for a while. Until Chase broke it. " Why can't we adopt them?"

I looked at him. "What!? We're not gonna adopt these kids! We're not even married, nor dating! We're still in high school! We're both only 15!" I did want these kids, but I don't think I would be able to handle three kids and school.

"It's okay! We can find an apartment and move in together." I could tell that Chase really wanted these kids.

"What about Zeus?" My dog, I can't leave my dog behind.

"Bring him with us! We can be a family!" He said making a puppy-dog face.

Why did he want to start a family with me? Does he like me too?

"I'm sorry Chase. Could we wait a little bit longer until they get out of the hospital? Or at least until we're Juniors?" What am I gonna tell my mom?

"Yeah! I'll be out soon." He was so upset. "Could you at least go and check on them? Please!?"

"Yeah." I walk towards the kids' room. I see only two kids in the room. There used to be three. The newborn was gone. I started to panic. I walk to the front desk.

"Does anyone know where the newborn baby is, that was with the 2-year-old and 5-year-old?"

A lady came up to me and started talking to me. "The newborn baby boy?"

"Yes! Him! Do you know where they took him?"

"Yes. I know where he is, but not where they took him."

"Could you tell me where he is?" I was panicking so bad, I thought my sweat was a waterfall.

"They didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?" The lady's face turned sad and she looked down at the ground.

"The newborn baby boy died."

I couldn't believe what she had just told me. My eyes filled with tears, and I let them escape their cage.

"Something happened to him, but they don't know what. I'm so sorry. Was he your kid?"

I paused and looked up at her with tears streaming down my face. "Yes..." I walked away towards Chase's room.

I walked in and he saw me crying and opened his arms. I ran into them and cried my eyes out.

"The newborn, it was a boy. He's dead." I said in between cries.

Now we have only 2 kids to take care of.

Jonny will forever be missed dearly.