Chapter 35

I wake up to someone shaking me everywhere and crying. I flutter my eyes open to see Brandon in front of me.

"Sadie! Sadie!" He kept saying my name over and over again until I replied to him.

"I'm here," I said. I sat up and put my hand on my head. "What happened?"

"I got home 10 minutes ago to see you unconscious and the kids are crying. Sadie, you fainted again, but for an even longer period of time." Brandon exclaimed.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Well. I texted Chase telling him to tell you I was on my way home about," He stopped.

"Brandon? How long?" I asked.

"An hour ago.." He said and sighed.

What have I done? I just ruined everything! I didn't take care of the kids for an hour!

What if Brandon doesn't want to marry anymore? I'm not someone who can be with Brandon. He deserves someone better than a girl who will past out whenever she gets overwhelmed or starts panicking.

He doesn't deserve me.

"Brandon, I'm so sorry!" I said. My eyes burned with tears.

"Sadie, don't," Brandon said and walked into the room closing the door behind him.

I put my hand up to my mouth and cried. I ruined everything.

How can he love me now?

He can't. I cried as loud as I could and banged on the floor at certain times.

Ten minutes have passed by and now, my crying turned into sniffles. I stayed seated on the ground, never getting up. I looked at the wall, thinking about what I have done.

"Mommy?" I heard Josh say my name behind me. I turned to look at him.

"Hey, Bug," I said, trying to sound happy and wiped away the tears that were still falling down my face. "What's wrong?"

"Why are you crying?" He asked coming over to me and sat down beside me.

"Well, Bug, Mommy, and Daddy are having a tough time right now. We're having a little time out from each other." I said.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Mommy's body isn't working at times and it's becoming too hard for Daddy to handle," I explained.

There was a small silence in the room.

"Good job," Someone said behind me. I looked back and saw Brandon leaning against the wall with his arms folded and a smile plastered on his face. "Now Josh knows what's going on."

I got up and walked over to him. "You're not mad at me?" I asked.

"Why would I? It's not your fault." He said and hugged me.

I returned it.

"What happened anyway?" Brandon asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked him pulling apart from our hug.

"What made you faint?"

"I was thinking about some stuff that we could do tomorrow. I guess I was having a lot of doubts about everything that came to mind." I said.

"Oh.." He said and walked over to the couch with me following behind him. "I was thinking," He said sitting on the couch. I followed and sat down next to him. "Maybe Chase can watch the kids tomorrow morning and me and you can go on a date," Brandon said.

"Tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah. I mean, we haven't gone on a date for a while except for when it's for special occasions." Brandon said.

"Okay. Sure." I said.

When we were done talking about everything, we got the kids ready for bed. They fell asleep after I read them a bedtime story. I walked into me and Brandon's bedroom to see Brandon laying in bed already.

I sighed. "Thanks for helping me with the kids," I said sarcastically.

"You're so welcome." He said.

I walked over to the bed and laid down. "Goodnight," I told Brandon.

"Goodnight." He said and I drifted off into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Brandon and I go over to Chase's place and drop off the kids.

When we leave, we go to Wild Pear. When we get there, we are seated right away. It's really busy there and the food looks great.

We get the menu and I order a Crispy Corn Rissoto Cake that is served with Roasted Red Peppers. Brandon orders a Roasted Turkey Club.

We get our food and, I am not kidding, it is out of this world! We finish it in less than 45 minutes.

When we're done eating, the waiter takes our leftover food away. When he leaves, Brandon gets up from his chair and walks over to me and gets down on one knee.

"What are you doing?" I whisper yelled. I put my hands over my mouth. I forgot all about how Brandon was gonna propose to me.

At this point, everyone was looking at us.

"Sadie, I never thought I would be the right man to do this. But you are the love of my life. The first time I saw you, I knew you were the one I wanted to share my life with. Your beauty, love, and care are what inspires me to become the person I want to be. Now, I know this is out of the blue and you weren't expecting this, but now that we have control of our lives and can take care of our two kids, I think this is what's supposed to happen. I promise to love you for the rest of our lives, respect you, honor you, share my life with you, and to care for our kids with you. I won't let anything or anyone hurt you for as long as I live. Sadie, I love you so much, and I thought this was right. Will you marry me?" Brandon asked.

After Brandon did all of that, all I heard was 'Aww' and 'That's so cute!'.

"Yes," I said and laughed. My face was covered in tears and I was shocked that I said yes.

Brandon smiled and hugged me, spinning me around in circles while everyone claps for us.

We soon leave the restaurant and went back to Chase's house and got the kids.

We got home and watched a movie.

The kids fell asleep and I was about to fall asleep, when I heard Brandon say, "I'm never letting go of you guys." He grabbed my hand and held it. I smiled and kissed his cheek. I soon fell into a deep sleep.

This was the best day of my life.