chapter four

julietgasly posted on their story!

———

        "you don't have to take me out like this," pierre tried to reassure his sister, "i'm perfectly fine. i'm always a bit moody after the race."

"i know," juliet nodded convincingly, "but you need to get out of that mindset. and i want to go out. we're gonna do something very fun later, i promise."

the siblings walked the streets of vienna and found a small but lively restaurant to eat some dinner in. they were quickly seated and the service was very fast, the two placing their orders within the first ten minutes of arriving.

"so, i talked to maman, and i'm staying with you until monza..." juliet began, ripping apart a piece of bread. "i shouldn't get my test results until the end of the summer, and even after that i'm gonna take a few months off and try to start school in january."

"ah bon? i figured you'd leave after silverstone, go hang out by yourself for a while. i didn't think you liked watching me race anymore," pierre said, getting interrupted by the waitress placing the dishes on the table.

"quel? any race is fun to watch, even if you do bad..." the girl gasped, "plus, i'm going to tour a bunch of law schools in different countries. i figured i'd like to live somewhere new and exciting while i finish my studies."

"oh nice, where are you thinking of going?" pierre asked, shoving his fork of beef into his mouth and chewing politely.

"i'm going to tour britain, italy, france of course, and monaco," she began, "and then i'll go wherever i get offered the most scholarship money."

"for the record...je suis très content pour toi. You deserve so much, julie." he said sincerely, smiling at his sister. juliet felt her heart swell up and face turn red; she was so lucky to have him around.

the two ate their entrees and caught up some more. the table was cleaned and all they had were their cocktails. they were chatting when juliet saw a figure approach her brother, who she knew all too well. "pierre gaslyyyyyy," the man dragged out her brother's name hilariously, his australian accent thick.

pierre turned around and rolled his eyes sarcastically at the sight of daniel ricciardo. "hey, what're you doing here?" daniel asked and they both looked at her. "oh, this is my sister juliet...she thinks i 'm mad about the race so she took me out." juliet shot the australian a straight grin, his quickly matching.

"why the fuck are you mad? i finished twelfth!" daniel exclaimed, still standing over the table. pierre nodded 'i know, i know' and juliet just laughed.

"what're you doing here? celebrating your last night in austria alone?" pierre looked up and asked daniel. "max, carlos and charles are supposed to be meeting me here. is this place any good?" the australian replied.

"uh, mediocre. better for dinner than drinks," juliet finally spoke up. "i'd honestly just go to the club down the street, if you wanna dance and stuff."

daniel turned his attention to Juliet. "how'd you know i love dancing?" he laughed, "we'll go there instead, then. do you guys wanna come?"
pierre looked at his sister because he knew she'd be the only one to have a problem with it. to his surprise, her face grew into an agreeing reaction. "sure."

"okay," daniel replied and pulled out his phone, "they're all outside...i'll go tell them what's happening." he walked away and left the siblings. juliet stood up and fished her hand into her purse, finding her card. "you can go outside and say hi to them, i'll pay and walk myself out," she told Pierre, to which he nodded and complied.

juliet found the waiter, processed her card, and left a cash tip before she left the restaurant. she felt wind hit her as the door swung open, and she was met with five guys crowded in a circle. She tapped her brother's shoulder and he stepped back to let her into their gathering. "guys, this is my sister juliet," he announced to his friends, and juliet smiled at all of them. "carlos, max, and you know daniel and charles." he pointed to each of his friends.

charles sent the girl an endearing smile, and then the group started walking to the club. as they walked, juliet and charles naturally ended up at the back of the pack while pierre spoke with carlos and daniel with max. "bonjour, how was your dinner with pierre?" charles asked the girl.

"très bien, it was very nice to have some time alone with him...it's very rare these days. everyone is so busy and has no more time for family," the girl replied. charles was listening, but also just blatantly staring at her. admiring her.

"yes, i agree," he shot her a grin, "it is...very hard to form a connection." and juliet thought the same thing.

— notes!
i don't even want to
talk about the race i
fucking hate ferrari

also i literally know that
the picture i used at the
beginning of the chapter
is pierre and katerina, but
we're just gonna pretend
it's a cute sibling moment