chapter thirty-one

pierre and juliet had finished their lunch and now stood in the hotel lobby. "thank you for coming out with me, julie," pierre smiled as the siblings pulled away from a hug.

"don't even thank me, p," she reciprocated the grin, "you know that you can talk to me at any time...i love you."

pierre nodded and walked to the elevator, while juliet strolled over to the hotel bar. she couldn't believe that charles knew pierre was this shaken by everything going on; and didn't even try to help or tell her about it.

she downed a few shots and thought about everything. then she finally decided to just ask charles about it. to hear him out.

pressing the button for the third floor, she rode up to charles' room and knocked loudly on the door. it quickly opened from the other side and she was met with the sight of her boyfriend.

"bonjour," juliet mumbled, walking right into the room. charles stood with his hand on the knob, very confused as to why she dodged him and stormed in.

"how was it with pierre?" he simply asked, shutting the door and walking back into the room, leaning on the wall.

"why didn't you tell me he told you how upset he was?" she blurted out, not even remembering her plan to stay calm. "how depressed he is?"

"juliet..." charles sighed, "i thought it was...private. i don't know. i figured he'd talked to you about it."

"but you still should've brought it up! you know how much pierre means to me! why?" she started tearing up. sure, she figured she'd been a bit irrational, but she just wanted to understand.

"mon ange, you're overreacting. i know that pierre doesn't like to talk about this stuff. but i also know that he tells you everything, or at least used to tell you everything."

he moved over to the bed she was sitting on and knelt down in front of it. "i promise i wasn't trying to hide anything from you. you know that i love you and how much you love your brother. it scares me honestly, i'm so afraid of when he finds out about this. he's gonna kill me."

"no he won't," a smile grew onto juliet's face after hearing his words.

"trust me, he threatens me every time he sees me alone with you," his smile faltered, thinking back to those few times.

"i'm gonna find the best way to tell him. i won't let him threaten you; he doesn't know how much you mean to me."

"we'll do it together," he grabbed her hands lightly, holding them to his chest for a few seconds. "and i'm sorry for not telling you about pierre."

juliet's eyes fluttered open and she felt an arm around her, holding her close. she turned over and was met with charles' adorable sleeping face, his eyes closed and still sound asleep.

she leaned towards him and pecked his forehead, rubbing his hand to wake him up. "good morning, you have to race today, mister."

his eyes slowly opened and as soon as he saw her, a grin grew onto his face. "i'll be sure to win for you, my love."

juliet turned her whole body to face him and he loosened his arm's grasp. they just stared at each other in admiration, genuinely loving the others' presence.

"are you going to come to my birthday dinner with my mum and brothers? after the race?" charles softly asked, brushing her hair out of her face.

juliet froze, unsure of how to answer. he had asked her on their date in suzuka, but she didn't know he actually wanted it to happen.

"you really want me to?" she replied.

"yeah, why wouldn't i? i love you and want you to meet my family...again, i guess," he chuckled, making sure to keep eye contact with her.

"okay then, if that's what you want, i'd be happy to come."

notes!
sorry this took so long
and is super short! i finish
exams on wednesday and
then i'm gonna be on my
grind!!!!