chapter thirty-nine

juliet reached the toro rosso garage and threw herself into pierre's driver room, knowing he'd still be in post-quali meetings. tears were spilling out of her eyes.

if anyone in the paddock saw florencia and charles, they would've thought they were dating—no one would have cared about his real girlfriend standing thirty feet away crying.

she was in shock. she never thought that charles could cheat on her. she wasn't oblivious to all the people online saying he was a walking red flag. to her, he wasn't the ferrari golden boy and f1 fuck boy. he was pierre's friend and the boy she'd loved since she was nine years old.

her body fell onto pierre's couch and tried to regain her composure. but after what felt like a split second, she heard a knock on pierre's door.

she wiped her eyes and jumped up to go answer it. as she twisted the knob and propped open the door, she saw him standing there.

she stepped into the doorway but held the door half closed, not letting him in. "just go away, charles. i know who she is."

"no you don't," he simply replied.

"are you serious? you dated her, charles. and anyone who walked past you two in the paddock would've thought you two were still together."

"i know what it looked like, but please let me explain," he pleaded, an apologetic look in his eyes.

"i don't know that i want to," juliet cried, "are you cheating on me?"

"what?" he was baffled. he placed his hand against the door and pushed it open, pulling juliet into the room with him.

"let go of me," she peeled his hand off hers, sitting down on the couch. her face fell into her hands and she sat there on the verge of tears.

"please," charles sat down beside her, "please just let me explain," he pulled her hands away from her face, making her look at him.

when he locked eyes with her, juliet saw the sadness behind his eyes. he was sorry. so she decided to hear him out.

"fine," she mumbled, "go ahead."

"i'm not gonna lie to you and tell you that our relationship was a little fling, because it wasn't,"

she was already stressed.

"florencia came into my life at a time where i was on top of the world. i had just signed for ferrari and i was finally content with the trajectory of my career. and she was there to support me, she truly was. one could say she was my first love,"

i can't decide if this conversation is gonna end in him telling me he loves me more or him leaving me for her, juliet thought.

"we just got to a point where we were too busy for one another. we were both on different sides of the world at different times, and we knew that we were getting to a point of us hating each other,"

"so you broke up," juliet finished the sentence for him, "to stop you from getting bitter."

"oui," he breathed, "and then you came back into my life. and all the feelings i had from when i was sixteen came back with it,"

she couldn't help but sheepishly smile.

"i love you, juliet. i've never felt this way about anyone, i promise. florencia and i are nothing. you're the most beautiful, kind-hearted, intelligent and confident woman i've met. so don't ever think you're anything less."

at this point, juliet had grabbed charles' hand and was holding on for dear life. she was looking up at him with pure joy in her eyes.

"she's nothing compared to you, juli," he grinned, leaning in and connecting their lips.

———iMESSAGE!juliet gasly and victoria russell

———
iMESSAGE!
juliet gasly and victoria russell

juliet gasly
everything's good
with charles

victoria russell
yeah? what was his
excuse for smooching the
model's cheek

juliet gasly
they ended their relationship
on good terms, apparently they're
kinda like brother-sister rn

victoria russell
kinda weird

juliet gasly
i know
she was his first love
she meant a lot to him

victoria russell
oh...

juliet gasly
but then he made a whole
cute ass speech about me

victoria russell
fuck
when does he not

juliet gasly
😭
i know
but we're all good

victoria russell
great ☺️
time for him to propose

juliet gasly
VIC
it's been like six months
relax

victoria russell
i'm jokingggg

juliet gasly
now lando on the other hand...
time to make u mrs. norris

victoria russell
i am so good being
ms. russell tbh

juliet gasly
lying doesn't look
cute on you 😘😘

victoria russell
GOODBYE JU

— notes!suddenly i'm in my active era this weekend

notes!
suddenly i'm in my
active era this weekend

trying to wrap up this book!!
i have reading week this week,
so hopefully i'll write a bit between
seeing my friends and catching up
on my homework <333